I am mentally fried. I've been working all weekend in order to make up for some of the time I missed with the knee injury. I still have at least an hour or two of stuff that I could be doing. Maybe later. I'm sick of it right now. Still it's very nice that I can work from home. I would have already burned up all my sick leave by now. I will be out of work at least 3 full days with the surgery, plus there are the further PT and follow-up doctor appointments.
Speaking of PT, that went really well. The therapist showed me some exercises to start strengthening my leg and some that she will have me do after the surgery to get back to normal (as normal as I ever get anyway). She was one of those medical professionals that seem so rare anymore - someone who actually takes the time to explain things. I hate when medical people either condescend to me or just assume that I'm going to blindly follow their god-like decrees with no explanation. But this lady was nothing like that at all - she explained what each exercise was supposed to accomplish as well as what the entire PT process would accomplish. She really made me want to work at this because I can easily see that such work will provide me with a tangible result. I was so apprehensive about this and I feel so great about it now.
Finally, just an observation - I've been hitting the NaBloPoMo randomizer (that doesn't seem to be terribly random) as well as the blogger random button and noticed that MOST of the bloggers out there seem to be women. Have you all found this to be true? I mean, look at my links over there - only one of them is for a guy. Why is this the case? Or is it just a function of NaBloPoMo and Blogger? Maybe other blog hosting sites have way more men? Maybe we just can't shut the hell up in any forum? Who knows??? It just kind of struck me as interesting.
Oh gross - I just saw a turducken put together on the Food Network. I don't care how it tastes - that just seems kind of obscene to me. I once read about a recipe for a hot dog with hamburger wrapped around it and bacon wrapped around that. Do we REALLY need to be pigs like this???
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
11.18.2007
Tired
at
6:14 PM
Labels: Just Me Ranting, Knee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
A good doctor or someone in the medical field does seem to be a rare find, and I'm glad you found one!
I read quite a few financial and other blogs by guys, but I think NaBloPoMo is connected to some kind of chick thing. Not quite sure.
No Turducken for me, the dog with a burger wrapped around it and secured with bacon definitely sounds my speed. Sat Night Live did a skit once about a similar thing. they just kept wrapping stuff. At the end the whole thing was all saucy and wrapped in pizza. Or something.
you never hear about a carrot wrapped with green onions wrapped with spinach and stuffed in an artichoke, you know?
Or is it that many vegetables are not conducive to the wrap/stuff concept, since many vegetables are not particularly flexible...
Nah. Unless it's covered in nasty processed cheese gloop and deep fried, vegetables are just too boring for television.
I actually think your carrot, onion, spinach, artichoke thing sounds decent...and I'm not a big vegetable eater....those just happen to be four that I like.
Maggie - I just remembered that the hotburgcon is actually called a Triple Bypass. So that's maybe...not so good.
Maybe if you dip it in Julie's nasty processed cheese gloop it gets to be a Quadruple Bypass
If you serve it with the deep-fried mac and cheese Sonic DriveIn is currently offering, you could make it a quintuple bypass.
The breaded deep fried mac and cheese looks seriously disgusting.
Gross. I live about 4 to 5 hours from the closest Sonic - I think I can resist temptation.
Post a Comment