Here are some things I've learned about life with an injury and crutches:
- Everything is much further away than it seems
- Wow, I have really short arms
- Pay attention to bathroom needs because (see #1)
- We are a household of slobs - there seems to be a LOT of stuff scattered about my floors
- I actually do have some muscles in my arms....and they HURT
- The ground is really soggy early in the morning and will sink if enough pressure is applied
- Stairs are scary
- Curbs are annoying
- There is no way to use crutches and carry an umbrella
- "Don't make me get up" is a meaningless phrase to a 4 year old who knows you're on crutches
- Cats have an uncanny ability to find the spot on your body that hurts the most - and flop down on it
- Cats fear crutches
- My soft squishy couch is really kind of a pain in the ***
- From now on, every bathtub in every house I ever live in will be handicapped equipped/accessible - just in case
- I'm whiny
- There's nothing on TV


4 comments:
Hey. There really *isn't* anything on TV. You're not wrong about that.
How much longer with the crutches? I would just give up and stay on the couch if it were me. I don't have muscles. I don't want to find out if they hurt. ;)
--Bay
Well - if I have to have surgery...like 2, 3, 4??? months. It's yucky. I'll know more on Wednesday.
I find the worst thing about being on crutches is the fact that people don't get that it totally dibilatates more then just your hurt leg. You can't carry laundry baskets, you can't bring a drink to the coffee table for yourself, you can't easily put on your own clothes without sitting on the floor.... Hate it! Hope you're on the mend soon.
atpanda - that is one of the worst parts. My orthopedic guy said I could do the crutches OR the brace. So I can wear the brace and free up my hands, but the brace has a whole different set of problems - slipping, really uncomfortable, etc. Basically the whole thing is wretched!! Thanks for the good wishes!
Post a Comment