"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

11.05.2007

Rays of light

In the midst of all drama I have been so thankful for my boys. Dylan has been such a HUGE help - and without one single word of complaint. I don't think I would have made it through this last week without him. He has run errands, watched his brother, helped around the house, and has been completely upbeat, supportive, and understanding. Noah has been (mostly) an angel too. He really surprised us this evening when he began talking about a cornucopia. They made one in art class today. I was just shocked to hear him use such a big word. My sweet boys have kept me smiling despite all the bad stuff.

But hands down the funniest thing that happened this past week was from Dylan. He has a curfew of midnight on the weekends. At about 11:40 pm on Saturday night I get a phone call. "Hey Mom, doesn't that clock thing happen at midnight? I should get another hour." I never laughed so hard in my life. First I told him that the "clock thing" actually happens at 2 am, NOT midnight. I further asked him if he was willing to come home an hour EARLY next spring for the next clock thing. He said no. In any event, I felt he deserved points for creativity and for putting a smile on my face. He was allowed to stay out until 12:30.

I'd post a couple of pictures of my guys, but I'm blogging from the laptop and have no recent pictures on here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, that's awesome. I'm very glad to hear that all the boys are taking good care of you. You deserve it.