"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

11.19.2007

Something to think about

My regular readers and people who *know* me also know that I am not one to promote causes or be a Miss Do-Gooder. But I read this article and I think this is something we could all do this holiday season. We're all planning to pig out this week and that just isn't possible for everyone. We all have something in our pantry that we're not using or could afford to give away. Drop by your local food pantry and drop off some food. You might be giving someone else a good holiday as well.

Food pantries struggling with shortages

2 comments:

maggie said...

You are a good girl, Tasina.

Bay in TN said...

That's heart-breaking. Now I feel guilty because I'm hacked off at my evil mother-in-law's totally tasteless Thanksgiving plans. I should be glad that she wants me to spend $27 on asparagus. I actually love asparagus, and I'm lucky that we can afford it.

Thank you for the heads-up, Tasina. I'll be sure to take some stuff to Second Harvest as soon as I can!

--Bay