No wonder I love Dr. Zhivago. Turns out that most Native Americans came from Siberia. Neat.
Well it turns out I'm really morbid. All day I've been thinking wretched thoughts about my surgery tomorrow. That's just how I am. My dad once told me that I spend so much time and energy worrying about things that MIGHT happen, that when something actually DOES happen I don't have any resources to deal with it. Meanie. He's right though. I'm a worrier and fretter and a worst case scenario-er. Maybe it's not the most mentally healthy way to be, but think how happy I'll be when I wake up and realize that I did not actually slip into the Dead Zone with Stephen King. If you expect the worst then anything marginally better than worst is fantastic. LOL. What a load of BS huh?
Here's the real issue - I'm a control freak. I don't even like to be the passenger in a car. But I have to just trust these total strangers to knock me unconscious (but keep me alive), put little cameras in my knee and cut things and bolt things and rearrange things (while keeping me alive), sew me all back together, and then WAKE ME UP (preferably with non-scrambled brains).
I'm sure it'll be ok. I'm just a little teeny tiny itsy bitty bit scared. :(
See ya'll on Thursday.
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
11.27.2007
Somewhere my love....
at
9:06 PM
Labels: Just Me Ranting, Knee, News
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I understand completely, Tasina. I'm the same way about things. You will be fine, and I'll be wishing you the best!
Good luck, tasina. I also am a control freak, so I know how you feel.
I really want to say something about how your blog will be really interesting if you did Dead Zone it, but that would be insensitive. (although, you did think I locked my kid in a cage and only let him out to do chores and make me desserts...how sensitive do I have to be? Just kidding!)
So instead I will tell you that I will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending positive thoughts your way.
It's going to be so good for you to have this behind you. I'm glad for you that the day has finally come, and they're going to do something about your pain and immobility. We'll be thinking about you tomorrow.
Hey, we're probably related then! I grew up just south of Siberia!!
Looking forward to see you tomorrow!!
So, how did it go? I hope you are back home and doing just fine while being well cared for by all the boys.
Post a Comment