"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

11.21.2007

Guilty

I didn't want to hike forever at Wal-Mart so I used the handicapped sticker thingy. What if a *real* handicapped person needed the spot? I'm a jerk. I told myself I wasn't going to use it until after the surgery. But Wally World was packed (with all the other idiots who put off their shopping until tonight), and my leg hurt, and I was tired, and I was lazy. What if I've totally messed up my karma and now I really WILL have the brace/crutches for 6 weeks?

Enough about me. I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving tomorrow. We're not eating until Friday (for a complicated reason), but I hope you all stuff yourselves silly. I've been reading some recipes put up by other bloggers and everything just sounds so yummy. Here's our menu:

Turkey (we use a counter-top roasting oven)
Stuffing (some in the bird and then my dad makes his own giblet stuffing)
Wild Rice Casserole
Sweet Potato Casserole
Fresh Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce
Fresh Green Beans with Some New Sauce My Mom Discovered
Peanut Butter Pie
And the only reason to make any of this food (except dessert): GRAVY!!!!!

We don't ever do rolls or regular mashed potatoes - there's enough carbs up there already.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your day with your family and your gravy (the best part of the meal if you ask me). Eat well, let other people bring you the goodies, and say hi to your mom for me, K?

Tasina said...

Will do Kat - hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious. I love the eating holidays. Enjoy yours, whenever you have it.

Julie said...

I'm with you -- no gravy, not worth the hassle. I could give up all of the dinner except the stuffing, the gravy and the fresh cranberry orange relish my Dad makes. The rest is just table decoration...

Bay in TN said...

Ooo, Tasina, what a wonderful menu! I'm intrigued by your mom's new green bean sauce. It doesn't happen to be a horseradish concoction, does it? I love this stuff that my mother used to make, and I never would've thought horseradish could be so good on beans. So I'm just dying to hear how the new sauce turns out!

And happy hollerdays!

And yes, I *am* stuffed silly. ROFL!