So far so good for quit day. I really have no urge for a cigarette - yet. I'm on my lunch break right now and I haven't been smoking at this time for the last week or so. I think tonight might be a little more difficult. But there are actually no cigarettes anywhere in the house. I'm pretty confident I can make it without a run to the store.
I really have to say that I think the directions for Chantix need to be re-evaluated. A week on the lower dose just did not cut it for me. Go back and read my Day 7 and 8 posts - I was a MESS. But here I am now a week and a half later and I feel pretty good. I'm a little nervous about tonight, but I'm not dreading it like I did before. Also on Day 8 when I tried to quit I was a complete wreck all day long. Maybe I was such a heavy smoker that a week wasn't long enough. I wish they had a way for a person to better gauge when their quit day should be. Also, I think it was beneficial for me to have a week of tapering off. For me here's what seemed (so far) to work:
Week 1 - start the pills, regular smoking
Week 2 - cut way back - I got down to about 4 on weekdays, 6 on weekends
Week 3 - quit
Maybe this wouldn't work for everyone, but it could be an option. Of course this does mean that I'll likely have to take the pills for longer, but I'm ok with that. Better the pills than the butts.
More weird dreams last night. I slept from about 7:30 pm to midnight and then was up until 4:00 am. Yuck. I'm not tired right now, but I'm sure I will be tonight. I'm going to try very hard to stay up until at least 9:00 tonight so that this doesn't happen again.
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
8.08.2007
Chantix - Days 16 & 17
at
12:07 PM
Labels: Chantix, Quit Smoking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Yay, Tasina! You are doing it, and I do agree that for some folks, Day 8 just ain't it. Others were feeling like cigarettes tasted bad by then, though, and mine *never* did, even up until the last day. Everyone is different, and clearly this is more your time than Day 8 was.
Evenings were harder for me for the first while, and weekends, too, so maybe plan ahead a little something you can do. If it gets really crappy, maybe take a walk. I watched a million TV series start to finish, worked a few puzzles, read and wrote tons of blog posts and more - that was just the first night (I'm kidding, of course, but I did do all of those).
Anyway, just keep going. You are doing great!
I'm so glad to read that you are hanging in there. Today is my quit day also and I'm sorta shocked that I'm doing ok! My quit plan was similar to yours and I was also a heavy smoker, so we are proving that it can be done. Stay strong!
For me on Day 8 it wasn't so much that they tasted bad as that I knew I needed to just be done. Definitely the suggestions Maggie has made are great ones. And of course... drink lots and lots and lots of water and deep breaths and all that stuff.
To quit from the deadly addiction of nicotine, we urge you to buy Chantix which is FDA approved and widely acclaimed by all doctors worldwide. All the necessary guidelines and experts comments are available 24*7 at Chantix Online.
Post a Comment