"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

7.30.2007

Chantix - Day 8

This is what Dante meant by the Ninth Circle of Hell. Actually, the Ninth Circle of Hell would be better because then at least I'd get to inhale some smoke. I am in utter agony. (You should see me trying to type this - my fingers haven't been working all day.) I haven't had a cigarette since about 11:30 pm last night. That's 17 hours and about 51 minutes for those of you (like me) keeping count. I've had a gallon of coffee, about 14 pieces of gum (sugarless), I was asked by 3 different people to stop clicking the end of my pen, I'm extrodinarily cranky, I cried this morning, and I have a splitting headache. Why am I doing this???? I don't want to live forever, I'll give up movies to pay for smokes, my kids won't live with me forever....hmmmm.

The blue pills don't do a damn thing. Or IF they do - I cannot believe that anyone does this "cold turkey." Those people must have....uhhh...parts...of cast iron. Anyone who has quit cold turkey is my absolute hero. You have all sprinted light years ahead of people who can actually parallel park in my ranking of amazing people.

I might post more later after the 2nd blue nothing pill of the day. (I have this HORRIBLE suspicion that these pills are just placebos and that some evil genius at the drug company is laughing maniacally at my pain.)

No comments: