Not much new to report today. A few tugs, nothing awful. I did have another truly crazy dream last night. My mom had this gigantic fur coat with red, black, and white zig-zags on it. Plus the whole dream was narrated by Will Ferrel. Odd.
Is anyone worried about being defined by this whole process? I mean - are we all eventually going to get to a point where we're not tracking our progress anymore and focusing on this so much? Or are we never "cured"? Not that I don't enjoy reading (and need) the other blogs...but...there's a greener other side somewhere isn't there?
Just for a different topic, this is probably one of the most depressing news headlines I've seen in a long time. "One in four read no books last year." That's just so awful. Honestly, I think if 29 days ago someone said, "give up your books or your cigarettes" I could have quit easier than I'm doing now.
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
8.21.2007
Chantix Day 29, Smoke Free Day 13
at
6:31 PM
Labels: Books, Chantix, News, Quit Smoking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
About being defined, I do think that as more and more time passes, I'll have less to say about my quit or smoking stuff in general. For some that happens the first week, for others much longer. In any previous quit, I haven't focused on it so much for so long, but then, I wasn't blogging about it. I'm actually really enjoying the blogging aspect, especially since Chantix is so new.
Yikes, zero books? I don't read as much as I used to (though I read *a lot* online), but that is scary.
Hey, man, at least I have a definition at the moment. My last descriptive would have been "homeschooling mom." At least "Chantix quitter" has more panache and style.
As for reading -- I can go for months without reading a novel. I read everything else that comes my way (cereal boxes, magazines, receipts, etc.), but I forget sometimes to just sit down and read for pleasure. That's what makes it so pleasurable when I do get to read a whole book! But yeah -- it's freaky when you realize that there are a lot of people out there who don't read.
But maybe that's why they invented the Harry Potter books?
Hey -- have you read the warnings on the side of a cigarette box lately? Nah, neither have I! ;)
Maggie - I'd like to see a wardrobe update ;)
Bay - you know, I haven't read even one of the Harry Potter books or seen any of the movies. There's a really long story behind that but it's kind of boring. (Not anything good like I think they're all devil worship and we don't do Halloween either.)
Eek. Same wardrobe, but I might have one small addition to add to it this week. Remind me ;)
I'm seriously not one to talk about this. All my clothes are solid colors and dark. That way I know they all match. I'm not good at being a girl.
TOO FUNNY!! I had to share your dream with my co-workers because I was sitting here at my desk laughing my azz off! I haven't had any vivid dreams yet...I tend to have crazy dreams anyway, but I usually only remember bits and pieces. Vivid dreams, should be interesting...
As for being defined by Chantix, I was thinking the same thing. At this point, my ENTIRE life revolves around Chantix and my upcoming Q-day...I'm always thinking about when to take my pill, did I take my pill, am I going to have nausea today? Even when I'm not thinking specifically about the Chantix, I'm thinking about my quit...making plans, scheduling projects, things to keep me busy. Anyway, yes I AM defined/consumed by Chantix and my quit but, I'm ok with that. Before this, I was defined by cigarettes & smoking. I think as time goes by and the longer we're non-smokers, we won't be defined so much by Chantix.
Post a Comment