Two weeks. I can't even think the last time in my life I went two weeks without a cigarette. Amazing. I hope I can stick with this.
I'm getting really nervous about this weekend. Maybe I'm just making things worse for myself than need be. But I'm kind of a worrier by nature, so this is what I do. (But at least I don't do it while smoking - anymore.)
I need to stock up on gum and sunflower seeds. (Maybe get a fanny pack for this stuff, right M?) Or maybe I'll get some of those Atomic Fireball candies - give myself a little reminder of the burning I'm not doing to lungs. I think if I can make it through this weekend, I can do anything. Although for a real test of will, see Bay's post for today.
(By the way, I think I may be off on my post titles. My quit meter says 2 weeks 1 day - and somehow I have two Smoke Free Day 11 posts. From now on I'm going with what the quit meter says.)
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
8.22.2007
Chantix Day 30, Smoke Free Day 14
at
11:23 PM
Labels: Chantix, Quit Smoking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
The number of days things is goofy because we usually count that first day as day one instead of like how we would count anything else as a day after 24 hours - it's like we are always a day off. If that made sense. Too early for my brain to work.
I think you will be fine this weekend, Tasina. Especially if you get a fanny pack and stuff it full of all those good things ;)
Post a Comment