"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

8.10.2007

100

I smoked 100 cigarettes. JUST KIDDING!!! Still notsmoking.

This is my 100th post. Yippee. I'm in the process of adding labels to all my posts. (This is how desperate I am to be notsmoking.) I got bored with it, but I'll try to have it done soon.

I'm starting to feel like I'm getting too focused on notsmoking. It's hard to notsmoke when all I do lately is post about notsmoking. I think I'll start posting other stuff on here like I used to.

So in that spirit, let's bring back Fun Photo Friday. I live in Pierre, SD (no Mom, crazy stalkers are not going to come all the way here to kill me now). Fireworks are not allowed in the city. But the crazy folks over in Ft. Pierre (across the river for all you non-Dakotans) have no such ordinances. In 2006 we watched the utter 4th of July chaos in Ft. Pierre from the safety of the Pierre side of the river. It looked like a combination of Operation Desert Storm, Carnival, the Millenium celebration, and Armageddon. Apparently people just go ape-wild over there. Fireworks in the streets, in backyards, in parks, on sidewalks - anything goes. This picture was taken (by someone - don't know who) from the Pierre side of the river this year. It's a beautiful picture and it gives you and idea of how crazy it gets over there. Yes I know the 4th of July was over quite a while ago, but I thought the fireworks were a nice tie-in to my 100th post celebration.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks awesome! Something about water and some hills just make things look even better. Happy Hundredth Post!

Kat said...

Oooh!! I want to see that show! Fireworks are right up there (at least in the top five) on my list of favorite things, and they are a fitting tribute to the 100 posts achievement. Every celebration worth its salt should have fireworks. (I wish the 4th came two or three times a year. Ked and I saved some fireworks this year to set off on Christmas or New Year's Eve. I just can't wait a whole year for more fireworks!) Congratulations on your 100th, and thanks for the sparklies. By the way--aren't you supposed to be cleaning the bathroom?