I have bronchitis. How ironic is that? I finally get around to quitting and then get sick with something I always get sick with because I smoke. Funny. I've had 3 today but I'm going to bed very soon so that will likely be it. I've been reading a lot of the other Chantix blogs. I'm glad I haven't had too many bad side effects. Other than the headache the first day there's been nothing - no stomach problems at all - and I have had some really bizarro dreams, but I have dreams like that on a regular basis (remind me some time to blog about "Hislop"). Reading the other blogs has been sooooooooo helpful. One common theme is that it seems to take people way more than one week to quit - as the directions suggest. I even asked the doctor about that today and she says that she's starting to tell people to set their quit date further out - although this means they'll likely be taking it for longer. I find that interesting. I wonder if the drug company might revise their instructions. Anyway - I'm off to lie down as this bronchitis is really wiping me out.
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
8.01.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Nothing like a little bronchitis as a reminder that you are headed down the right path! I do hope you start you feel better and get some good rest. My only side effect complaint was the nausea that went away, came back went away again, so it's great to hear that you are not having that issue (or the others). The dreams were fun while they lasted and I miss them now that they are more muted.
Have you picked a new absolute last day quit date yet? Like I said, I put mine at the 2 week mark and was ready just a couple days before that. I'll probably still quit taking the Chantix at the end of the last pack in the 3 month series, though.
Any way, feel better and hang in there!
Feel better, Sickie, and congratulations on cutting it down to three!!
It's called quitter's flue. It's very common. If you don't put down the cigarettes, it will last very long and will be recurrent until you quit (or go back to smoking, which I am pretty sure won't happen).
Maggie is right, you should think about setting your quit date soon.
Lots of good vibes your way!
Post a Comment