As my regular readers (all three of them) know, I have sleep problems. The Chantix isn't helping. I keep having these weird dreams and when I wake up, I'm TOTALLY awake. I also kind of don't want to go back to sleep because the dreams are so weird. So now here I am at 3 am doing this. Bleh. To make matters worse, since I'm so tired all day I wind up taking a nap at a stupid time when I get home. I'm all messed up now. It's probably a good thing I'm not a surgeon or a trucker or someone who makes nuclear things. I really want a cigarette right now, but I don't know where they are. And I'm not quite mean enough to wake up my husband to make him give me one. My mom used to give me a bad time for "wasting" my cigarettes - I'd leave this really long butts in all the ashtrays. Well now I smoke them to the NUB, so I can't even pick out a butt to puff on. Yuck. That's so nasty isn't it? To paw through a dirty old ashtray for a cigarette - gross. I'll be so glad when this is over. Something to think about - smokers are really the only people over the age of 3 who will drop something out of their mouth onto the ground and then pick it up and put it right back in their mouth. What a fun habit.
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
8.07.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I typed a long response. It went away. This one will be shorter ;)
I'm sorry to hear that the dreams are keeping you up. I was lucky that way, I guess.
I had to laugh at how true your last two sentences were. Yep, ick.
Hang in there and just keep going. Once you really get rolling on the all quit part, you'll be amazed how soon that will all be a thing of the past.
Just wanted to send some encouragement your way. Believe it or don't, I too have experienced digging through ashtrays for butts, usually after a long night of drinking. Have you noticed whether ability to taste things has improved?
I haven't actually quit yet, so no I haven't noticed. Tomorrow is my actual quit day. I'm still doing about 4 a day.
I was right there with you last night, awake till about 5 this morning. I'm blaming mine on a new allergy medicine I've been trying this week. Chemicals are a blessing and a curse. I'm happy for you that tomorrow is quit day. The cool thing is that, if you look at it creatively, you only have a four cigarette a day habit at this point, so it's really not so much to give up. :-)
On a completely different topic, if you're in the mood for a bit of political commentary have a look at this video from a talk Newt Gingrich gave. I'm not a total Newt fan, but what he's talking about here makes so much sense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15D3ElV1Jzw
Hey...read my blog entry...I vow to try with you! Starting tomorrow.
Post a Comment