"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

8.29.2007

SING!!!!

One of the happy discoveries I made this weekend had to do with singing. While I'd like to believe that quitting smoking has made me pitch perfect, that might be taking things too far. BUT. Quitting certainly has helped me sustain those long notes. I had the whole house to myself and just sang my little heart (but not lungs) out.

I also have made a sad discovery. I am eating WAY too much. And WAY too much of what I'm eating is junk. I've got to find something else to do when I have the urge to smoke - or else buy a ton of fruit to munch or something. The inside of my mouth is just raw from all the sunflower seeds I've had - luckily I have no blood pressure problems because I've had a ton of salt from those seeds. String cheese is the other thing I'm wolfing down like mad. At least that has calcium, but I need to cut back on this stuffing myself.

Why can't this just be easier????? (***TANTRUM ALERT***) Why can't cheesecake have zero calories and Shredded Wheat cause cancer? Why can't cigarettes smooth wrinkles and jogging cause hair loss??? Why can't coffee regulate your heart beat and V-8 make you bleed from your eyes???? WHY??? What a crap state of affairs.

Ok - I'll quit being 4 years old. Maybe this big, booming voice is about ready to say, "BECAUSE I SAID SO." Bleh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Singing and holding notes rocks! I still sound bad, but it makes me happy. I try not to eat so much junk, but then I do...

Konstantin said...

LOL @ Tantrum alert!

Howdy! I have a confession. I liked you way more Dressed! :) j/k!!!!!!!!!!! Can we do that again?

LOL, love your humor. Absolutely delightful! V-8 bleed from the eyes? ROFL!!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree! Why can't a ribeye control your cholesterol and a salad cause heart failure? Why can't a couple of cold beers give you the coordination of a gymnast and glass of water cause total lack of muscle control?