Ok. I like art - all kinds - painting, drawing, music, acting. I married an artist. I also really like coffee. I'm drinking coffee right now. But coffee art? Come on.
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
8.11.2007
Silly
at
11:33 PM
Labels: Art, Just Me Ranting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


23 comments:
Wow, all day I look for the thing that cheers me up, and that almost did it. Would they just drink the damn coffee already, though, and quit playing with their food? Madness, I say.
All I could think was, "What a waste of perfectly good coffee."
By the way can you tell I'm bored out of my head???? LOL
Wow, you must be bored. I found you reading the way back posts from before I'd ever heard of Chantix when I blogged about absolutely not a damn thing. I kind of miss that...
Yah, do froofy stuff to my coffee, but don't delay the part where I get to drink it.
Also did you notice she's touching all that DIFFERENT coffee with the same nasty ass screwdriver or ice pick or whatever? She was probably raised too long by dirty aliens. ;)
Yep, aliens, every time. I forgot some of the crazy stuff I used to post. I mean, I think that stuff in my head, and I say it to Tom, but I didn't realize I'd put it all out there quite to that degree. Stuff is broken in my head.
Are you kidding?!?!?! I'm going to use that phrase from now on. Someone cuts me off in traffic - raised too long by dirty aliens (I live in SD...traffic???...LOL). Someone at work makes me angry - raised too long by dirty aliens. I guess only my children are safe from this! :)
That's awesome. My words live ;)
You're staying up almost as late as I usually do out there in traffic free SD (wonder what that concept is like).
No traffic is good. But this is also such a backwards weird place that they preempt the local rock radio station (which is a syndicated feed anyway) to air commentary on every game of every high school sport. I find this to be insane. Plus there's no Target here. I never thought I could miss a department store so much. (We've only lived here 2 years.) There's no Borders. No decent restaurants. We can't buy prosciutto or any kind of "fancy" food in the grocery stores (all 2 of them). I'm making myself depressed.
I'm up this late all the time. I don't sleep well. Never have.
I sleep well when I go to bed. But I just rarely seem to get there before it's way later than it ought to be.
Wow, no Target. No prosciutto. No joy. Do you all even have lattes?
I guess I should alter my sleep comment. I don't GET to sleep well. Also, with a husband, 2 kids, and 2 cats - I like the quiet.
We do have lattes. There is a little cafe here that makes them. One of the gas stations in town even has a drive up thing to order lattes. That just seems so wrong - like buying tires at the dentist. I haven't braved the ethanol lattes yet.
You'd fall over driving through all the drive-thru coffee in the Northwest. I couldn't believe my eyes. A little cafe and a gas station - could it really be the only place on the planet without a Starbucks?
There was some sort of plan to build a strip mall and Starbucks was going to be one of the stores, but somehow it fell through. I don't know why. I pay very little attention to local stuff around here.
I don't even really like Starbucks. There was a coffee chain in St. Louis (and maybe other places too) called Gloria Jean's. Wow that was some good coffee. Maybe even good enough to use as a canvas.
I go to Starbucks when I have to, but Dutch Bros is beyond description good (drive thru, friendly, cheaper than most, more shots standard, stamp cards, it goes on and on). If I ever move away, I will cry. Back in the Midwest I remember Gloria Jeans in the mall. Not bad.
Canvas?
For coffee art...sheesh.
Most days we just make coffee at home. I love mochas, but they're expensive and I really don't need the calories. I just drink it plain when I make it myself.
Ah, back to art. Stick figures require no canvas, so I'm clueless.
I had to literally move away from Dutch Bros in order to not go there every morning. I would cut back to 3 days a week, but it never lasted. Until the move. Now, it's weak work coffee during the week and then lots of coffee here at home man made by my man who I insist makes way better coffee than I do.
I take an embarrassingly big mug to work with me. The stuff they make there is not very good. If there were a non-ethanol drive up window, I'm sure I'd be spending way too much money at it.
Be glad. Coffee where I work is really not good, but free is so very much cheaper ;)
I've been watching incredibly stupid stuff on You Tube for the last hour or so. I really should go to bed before my brain literally fries - but it's just so addictive. Also, I drank all that coffee earlier!
Sleep well. I'm a couple hours earlier, so I've got awhile yet to go. You Tube is a scary place.
http://www.powerlineblog.com/ Speaking of art . . . go here to see some that remind me of the one your hubby gave me - the strong colors and textures. If you think coffee art is strange, try the watermelon art here.
Wow if you meant that the Hopper paintings reminded you of Jeff's stuff, he's going to be tickled pink. Hopper is his all time idol.
I don't think I can fully appreciate watermelon art without first drinking a cup of coffee with a bunny on it.
In fact, let's all have some coffee just because :)
Post a Comment