"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

8.23.2007

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm an idiot.

I did the dumbest thing at work today. It's a long (probably boring) story, but basically I created this gigantic report with a computer program and didn't save it and then my computer froze up. I wanted to just curl up under my desk and weep. It took me 3 days to figure this stupid thing out and now I'm going to have to rebuild the whole thing.

Luckily I do remember how to make it, but I already put a ton of work into it. Bleh. What a yucky day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. That sucks. Outright sucks. I've been there curled up in a ball weeping under my desk (well, figuratively) over similar failure to saves. The worst is when someone tries to console you but manages to say at some point "well, next time if you save it as you go...?" That just makes me more frustrated. But it does give me a good target to choke instead of random violence.

Still nauseous? ;)

Tasina said...

I think I'm even MORE nauseous now. The thought of having to rebuild that thing tomorrow is just making me ill. On top of which, the program is a gigantic pig and it ruuuunnsss reeaaallllly slllooooooow. *sniffle*

MsTekLady said...

Tasina, sorry to hear that! :-( I think we've all been there, loosing data because we didn't do frequent saves...and I should know better since I work in IT. Luckily for me, it's only happened a couple of times, but I know the frustration of having to start all over. Hope it's not too bad for you today!

Kat said...

I wish I had something truly comforting to say, rather that just how much that sucks. Trouble is, I don't. It just totall sucks. I do think it's pretty cool, though, that a big, frustrating crisis hasn't made you run back to the former refuge of smoking, and that makes your chances of success this weekend all the higher. I'm impressed yet again.

Anonymous said...

Hey, have fun this weekend if you haven't already left yet. You will be just fine. You'll see!

Bay in TN said...

Hey, Tasina, I hope by the nausea has passed and the program is fixed and you're enjoying a fabulous weekend! You're still my idol. Isn't it fun to get to the end of a wretched day and still say, "And I STILL didn't smoke"?! Fabulous!

What's on the agenda for the weekend? How are you keeping busy?