"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

8.19.2007

Chantix Day 27, Smoke Free Day 11

I'm still having really vivid dreams. I haven't mentioned anything about it lately, but they're still happening. I guess as side effects go, vivid dreams aren't so bad. They're not generally scary or anything like that.

Last night I had a very long and involved dream. I won't go into all the details, but the main part was that my husband had all his paintings at Home Depot because he was getting them all framed. Somehow a huge flood hit the store and all his paintings were ruined. I was just devastated. Even though that is really awful, the most striking thing about the dream to me was the detail. I could describe to you exactly what the house I was in looked like as well as the grass, flowers, trees, and even smells outside. At one point there was a cell phone sitting on a table and it started to vibrate because a call was coming it. It sounded exactly like a cell phone does in that situation - just a low buzz with the vibration against the wood. It all just seemed so real. The way I explained it Jeff after I woke up is that it seemed more like a memory than a dream. I had to convince myself that this had not actually happened. Weird. Wild.

Today was pretty good as far as cravings go. Nothing too horrible even though I watched a movie with a lot of smoking in it. (See Stan's take on this and my perhaps over-the-top reply.) I also feel that my attitude about this has improved a bit. I'm still a little resentful about it, but have accepted that I just can't be smoking anymore.

5 comments:

MsTekLady said...

Wow! How soon after starting Chantix did you start having the vivid dreams?

Tasina said...

It took about 5 or 6 days I think. It's pretty wild. Check Maggie's site - she's blogged about this as well.

Anonymous said...

The dreams can be really insane, can't they? You described it perfectly how I felt, too, almost as if it was a memory, in full detail, instead of a dream. I kind of miss them now that they are so much more mellow...

Glad today wasn't as tough a day, and I'm pretty much with you on book banning, er, movie rating.

You are really doing so awesome, Tasina, and I love reading along.

MsTekLady - My Chantix dreams started within the first week or so, maybe even sooner.

Tasina said...

Maggie - if you ever get a chance to watch "This Film Is Not Yet Rated" I highly recommend it. Fascinating for a movie lover (and censorship hater).

maggie said...

I will definitely watch it. Tom is even more the movie guy than I am, and he's heard of it but not yet seen it, so we definitely will. Censorship just angers the core of me.