"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

8.17.2007

Chantix Day 25, Smoke Free Day 10

Finally Friday. My afternoon seemed to drag on forever. Someone told me they had this brilliant idea for a new way to define time. But their theory isn't completely flushed out yet, so I didn't get to hear it. (Yeah sure.)

So today was pretty good. No horrible cravings. I still think I need to have a real test though. I caught a whiff of someone smoking as I was leaving work and it smelled really good and made me feel kind of sad and wistful. But it didn't turn me into a crazed, screaming lunatic - so that's pretty good, right?

I was scrolling through my last Chantix Day, Smoke Free Day post and was surprised to see that it's only 10 days. It feels longer. I don't know if it's the "wow I feel like I've known you forever and it's only been 2 days (or drinks)" kind of feels longer or "oh my god this is the most boring thing I've ever done for 5 minutes and it seems like 5 years" kind of feels longer. Maybe somewhere in between. I'll have to hunt that person down for the new theory of time.

Oh hey! It's Fun Photo Friday. We took this picture of the boys' feet a couple of days after we brought Noah home from the hospital.

4 comments:

Coffee Slut said...

Just found your blog ...Chantix day 26, smoke free day 18 for me. I have no real cravings, not the usual shaking, stressed out feeling I would get when I went long periods without one anyway, but I DO miss them. A whole bunch. I am sleeping much more ...God, I love the vivid dreams, it's like a movie every night. Good luck to you ...I'll be back!

Tasina said...

I'm way too freaked out by the videos to say much more than.....thanks.

Anonymous said...

Cute, pic, Tasina! That's cool. Glad today didn't suck and that even the smell of smoke didn't kill you. I get that same wishing I could sometimes when I smell it, but other times I'm just glad that I'm already through some of the hard parts, and that person hasn't even started. Makes it good to me and suck to be them at that point.

Tasina said...

I lied. I tackled the guy and stole his cigarette. No really. It wasn't too bad. I've been VERY lucky. This is the first time I've even had a whiff of smoke since my quit day.