48 hours! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee.
Today was hard for some reason. I REALLY wanted a smoke after lunch. I couldn't quit thinking about it. Just really wanted to FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLL my lungs with smoke. Isn't that absurd. It just looks stupid written down. Anyway, I made it through ok. Somehow I missed a pill along the line. The one I'm taking tonight is a morning one. Maybe that's why today was harder.
Maggie wrote a big long letter to those that will be prescribing Chantix to people and I couldn't agree more with what she had to say. But to the Chantix makers, can I add this thought - your packaging is stupid and annoying. Why why why make nervous, jittery, upset, spaced-out, fragile, and otherwise neurotic smokers claw through all this cardboard and plastic???? Have mercy. ESPECIALLY for those of us that are so orally fixated that smoking wasn't enough - we chew our nails to the nub too.
I was originally going to do a post about how I'm going to miss all the friendly people I've met around various ashtrays. You smokers all know what I mean. Where else do you see VP's chatting with janitors? I was going to point out how all those friendly people seem to have migrated "here" - meaning the Chantix blogs. Seriously, what a bunch of supportive, funny, interesting people. Let's all vow to stay this way and not become snooty, judgmental nonsmokers.
But anyway - I'm cutting these thoughts short so that I can send all my best wishes to Stan. It seems that he was reading my blog at work and someone caught the TITLE of the blog, but not the substance. I fervently hope that Stan has not been labeled a porn-monger by his work. Yikes.
(I'll change it back to "Stripped" after Stan is in the clear.)
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
8.09.2007
Chantix Day 18, Smoke Free Day 2
at
7:55 PM
Labels: Chantix, Quit Smoking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Hahaha, Tasina, I love reading along with you.
I'm a nut, but I kind of like the packaging because that's how I know if I missed on or not ;) It gives me something to do with my hands, too. I think I'm in the minority on that, though, because you are not the first I've heard annoyed by it...
Yes, not being a judgmental non-smoker is important to me, too. Doesn't help; just makes you look like a pompous ass. Even a woman.
I about died when I saw your new Mobius Dressed. That's too funny.
Even if today was hard, you are totally on your way, and before long those moments will be much fewer and further between. Keep doing your thing. You are doing great!
OK, I've now read what a Mobius strip is (not that I understood much beyond that it looks cool and then gets all mathematical and over my little head). How have I gone my whole life never even hearing of it?
The thing about it is that it only has one side. I know that sounds weird, but make one out of a strip of paper. You can put a pencil down on it and draw a continuous line without ever having to pick up the pencil. If you tried to do that on a flat sheet of paper, you'd have to pick up the pencil and turn over the paper. Try it - it's neat. That's why a Mobius strip is the symbol for infinity.
(I only know all this because my husband is an artist and he knows all sorts of weird stuff. He's the one that taught me Chupacabra!!!)
Do you ever sleep?
LOL...thanks for making me roll on the floor.... :)
There's just one thing.... Having "DRESSED" in the title is not THAT much help....if there's dressed, there's gotta be undressed somewhere.
Ah, an artist, nice! I draw really excellent stick people, but my talents end there. And yes, now that I know, the Mobius strip is just cool. I get why you like it. I might make one just to enjoy and entertain myself the next time I actually get an urge to smoke that lasts long enough to make one (funny, none today lasted more than about 10 seconds).
Me, sleep? Nah. I think my day/night thing got switched at birth. At night I don't want to go to bed because I might "miss" something, usually something online somewhere. During the day, I want to crawl under my desk and take a nap. I'm all screwed up. But hey, I'm smoke-free! And so are you!
(Tonight will be an early night - I'm getting a little giddy from lack of sleep).
Stan - wow are you hard to please! How about "Mobius Chaste" or "Mobius Amish" or "This Site Is Not Porn"?? ;)
Maggie - I'm the same way. I hate mornings and am not all that fond of afternoons. I would be the world's best employee if I could just work from 3:00 to midnight!
Oh for the love of Pete, if the titling is going to be that light and blend so much into the picture, you may as well just say "Mobius Hey Stan's Looking at Porn Y'all." ;)
Hope your day is going well. I'm just glad it's Friday. Finally. Wake me up when it's also 5:00 in the PM.
How funny - "Mobius STANISAPERVO"
That'll be next.
Post a Comment