"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

8.06.2007

Chantix - Day 15

Dreams. Wow. I have been having some loopy dreams. Last night it was that I slid on my back behind the entertainment center. I knew it was way too small for me to fit back there, but I also knew I was dreaming and could do it if I wanted. I have no idea why I wanted to get back there - I'm sure it's a horror of dust and cat fur. Anyway, I'm back there and then I stand up - there's plenty of room. I then decide to come out from behind the stupid thing and I tell myself, "well because I'm dreaming the whole living room is going to be gone and something really scary is going to be there." Sure enough, the whole living room was gone and I was like in the middle of the jungle. I wake up on the couch and my fat cat is sitting on my chest and I can barely breathe. So then I *really* wake up and of course there's not cat on me and I'm not in the jungle. Freaky. I'm sure there's a really slick interpretation of all this - coming out from behind smoking is scary and the big cat on me is the cigs that stop my breathing - too slick maybe? But I've had lots of weird dreams in the past week that weren't so easy to interpret. The dreams aren't really scary or unpleasant - just super strange and extraordinarily vivid. I could really feel that cat sitting on me - he's huge and weighs a ton.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so scared I'd have the bad variety of dreams like the patch used to give me, but I was so very pleasantly surprised by Chantix dreams. It seems like they only lasted as strongly for the first little while, and now they are more muted. I actually miss them a little :)

Tasina said...

The only "bad" thing I dreamed was that I was sleeping in the living room and my little boy (he's 4) was playing in there in the dark. I wanted to turn on a light and take him back to his room, but every light I tried was burned out. That kind of scared me.