"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

8.05.2007

Chantix - Day 14

I had the opportunity for a little self-test and I failed miserably. Something happened tonight that made me REALLY upset and I wound up chain-smoking 3 cigarettes in a row. So now I know I need to work on that aspect of things. I do tend to smoke a lot when I'm upset or stressed. I was actually doing really well today before that happened. Maybe I'll get a punching bag - take up boxing for stress and to work out. Too bad there's no tall buildings here - I could do that Rocky-up-the-steps thing.

Despite what happened tonight, I've really been looking forward to being done with this whole thing. I hate the idea of being "controlled" by something. I also really love looking at the Quit Meter on Maggie's site. I can't wait to put one of those on here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having a list of ideas can help when it's the real thing. Even if you do something entirely different to cope once it's nice having ideas. In addition to water and breathing for the regular urges, walking is the first thing I think of.

I can't wait to see a Quit Meter at the top of your blog, too! It's amazing how quickly it starts adding up once you get going.

Anonymous said...

Let me try that sentence again: Even if you do something entirely different to cope *once an urge hits* it's nice having ideas.

Boxing could be fun!

owned by dogs said...

Your stress will be resolved soon...do you remember the poem you wrote me? It sounded a little like Dr. Seuss. "Just throw them in lakes,
Filled with snakes, those pesky flakes."
You are one of the strongest women I know and I believe in you and your ability to rise above "those pesky flakes."