"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

8.08.2007

24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, this post is not about the TV show. Jack Bauer can kiss my butt because....

I have now officially been 24 hours without a cigarette!!!

Woo hoo. I do have to admit that if someone offered me one right now, I would have an incredibly hard time saying no (and would probably say yes). But I don't have any in the house (that includes ashtrays - car ashtrays even) and I will not be going to the store or sending anyone else.

This is so much easier than it was on Day 8. I do miss the cigs, but I'm so happy this is working out. I think it's just going to get easier as I go along and I will miss them less and less. I am so optimistic and happy right. *dances around the room*

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you sounding so good and so happy! Things will get easier before you know it, too. Day One is a very big deal. Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I'm dancing with you!!

Tasina said...

Thanks gals! :)

Bay in TN said...

Your whole blog makes me feel so much more hopeful about my own chances. Thank you!!! And congratulations -- 24 hours, WOOO HOOOOO!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like the new template! (You did change it, and I'm not delusional, right?) Reading your comment over on Bay's blog made me so happy that you've kept going and are making it happen. Timing really is key, and I do think more time is more realistic for so many of us. Good luck on your next 24 hours!

Tasina said...

I change my template all the time. I can't stand the one's Blogger has - I think they're all boring. I know there are lots of template sites, but when I finally found one last night, it didn't include a section for Links. So I just gave up and went back to the Blogger templates. It'll change again in a month! :)

exsmoker mom said...

Way to go tasina! We can do this!

Anonymous said...

After my last overhaul the other day adding the 3rd column and having to re-do every last one of the widgets (thankfully all saved in advanced, just copy and paste bucket loads of info and links), I'll never be changing mine again :)

Lakasha said...

Congrats on making it through your first 24 hours. That is a huge milestone!!

You are doing great... remember to get support when you need it. Post to your blog, check out some of the quit smoking forums maybe. Though I hate About.com in general they seem to have a very active quit smoking community over there.

Find things to do when you are feeling like smoking and keep yourself as busy as you can.

Konstantin said...

*Stan does a happy dance for Tasina*