"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

2.20.2008

What the heck Wednesday

I have no idea what to write about. I thought about ranting about something, but I just did that big anti-pheasant thing a couple days ago. Don't need to be scaring all my like 4 readers away with too much ranting. Besides, Julie has a GREAT rant today and I know I could never reach that level or awesomeness this late in the day.

I just got home so have no news stories to share and/or make snarky comments on. (Yes I just ended a sentence in a preposition - sue me.) Maybe I'll offer a picture. We spent part of the Presidents' Day holiday at the YMCA with my Aunt and her granddaughters. Dylan and Noah had a blast. Here are some pictures.

My cousin's beautiful and sweet daughter.
Rain on Dylan - or please someone tie up this kid and cut his hair.
Noah's daycare takes them to swimming lessons at the Y twice a week. This is him showing me how well he "swims." I kind of think it looks like drowning, but am proud of him no matter what.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I love these! Your cousin's daughter is just plain beautiful. And your kids are always cute, even soaking wet and appearing to be drowning while swimming.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, and that was a good rant over at Julie's! I had to go add my $0.03 because it's all so true.

Julie said...

Oh, man, I think kids with those big dark eyes and dark hair are so gorgeous...

Looks like Dylan's hair and Thor's hair are about the same length. Thor wears it in a ponytail most of the time.

"I kind of think it looks like drowning, but am proud of him no matter what." -- I am laughing so hard at this one...looks like drowning! Humorous!

And thank you for the kind comments about my rant. I love your rants too -- like the one about the stairs, and I think we must share a brain or something, because when I read your rants, it always sounds like something I would say...

Tasina said...

I just realized that when I thought my kid looked like he was drowning, I didn't heroically disregard my allergy to chlorine and jump in to rescue him....I took a picture. There goes my Mother of the Year nomination....again.

Anonymous said...

lol that's exactly what I was going to comment on. You took a pic of it! lol I would've done the same thing.