Yet another cool idea stolen from Lotus
Glassy blue green eyes
Fever, cough, and runny nose
Baby boy so brave
We've walked on the moon
Hearts and lungs can be replaced
But still we get colds?
One half year smoke free
I'm still surprised I did it
I'm so proud of me
I hate when little guys are sick. They feel so awful and have no idea why. And now all those news stories say you can't give cold medicine to kids. He's had Tylenol and now we just wait - curled up on the couch watching Spider-Man 2.
Speaking of news - how heartbreaking what happened in Kirkwood, Missouri. When we lived in St. Louis we used to go to Kirkwood all the time. In fact, Dylan's guitar teacher had his business there. A wonderful place called the Magic House is also in Kirkwood. It's really just a nice suburb. VERY expensive place to live - but friendly and kind of funky with it's shops and restaurants. Such a senseless act and waste of lives. Sad.
Glassy blue green eyes
Fever, cough, and runny nose
Baby boy so brave
We've walked on the moon
Hearts and lungs can be replaced
But still we get colds?
One half year smoke free
I'm still surprised I did it
I'm so proud of me
I hate when little guys are sick. They feel so awful and have no idea why. And now all those news stories say you can't give cold medicine to kids. He's had Tylenol and now we just wait - curled up on the couch watching Spider-Man 2.
Speaking of news - how heartbreaking what happened in Kirkwood, Missouri. When we lived in St. Louis we used to go to Kirkwood all the time. In fact, Dylan's guitar teacher had his business there. A wonderful place called the Magic House is also in Kirkwood. It's really just a nice suburb. VERY expensive place to live - but friendly and kind of funky with it's shops and restaurants. Such a senseless act and waste of lives. Sad.


8 comments:
I'm right there with him. I haven't found anything other than ibuprophen to make me feel better yet, but Delsym really helps control my cough so I can sleep at night. They just started making a children's strength, too. That and nasal saline are the best. Hope he feels better soon.
One would think that colds and flus wouldn't be *that* hard to eliminate considering all of our progress, but, I guess not. Hope he's feeling better soon!
Such sad news, that shooting. The one last weekend in Chicago (Tinley Park, IL) touched entirely too close to where I used to call home, too. It's so odd to know a place and then see something like that on the news. Anything can happen anywhere, and that sucks.
It has been quite the wirldwind around here..I blogged about it today. You know how it is here..everything is really close together and everybody knows somebody..it's been the topic of conversation ALL day.
And I agree..they are trying to cure all these diseases...is anyone trying to get rid of the common cold and flu virus???
"We've walked on the moon
Hearts and lungs can be replaced
But still we get colds?"---so well said :)
Sorry to hear he's sick...hope he feels better soon!
Congrats on being smoke free!!!
Hope your little man feels better soon.
It's awful when they are sick.
He's feeling a little better this afternoon. Still a little cough and a LOT runny nose. How does one small person manage to produce three times his own weight in nose goo??? Yuck.
I had two sickos this week -- both with terrible stomach cramps, Thor threw up a couple nights ago, and Tess had diarrhea this morning. We laid around in the family room watching The Simpsons on DVD.
Fortunately they mostly managed to get to the bathroom this time, unlike past performances...Tess once managed to throw up on three comforters, four sheets, three pillowcases and two of the pillows, a blanket, a stuffed animal, her pajamas, and the carpeting in one night. Actually all the worst throw up stories are from Tess. I will spare you the rest of them. For now.
Sorry your guy is feeling bad. It's so hard to not be able to do anything for them...And WOOOT!!! on the half year smoke free! That is a huge accomplishment!
The boy and I are sick over here as well, so I feel ya.
Congrats on being smoke free! A wonderful thing to do for yourself & family. :-)
Post a Comment