Here are thirteen things I really liked as a kid/teen. It was the 70's and 80's. I was a KID. Ok - and a dork.
- I saw the movie version of Carrie when I was about six years old. Even though I'm still a teeny bit afraid of Sissy Spacek, I think this has started my life-long love of the King.

- The first album I ever owned? This is so embarrassing.

- I wanted to be:

- And even though I HATE pink - maybe:

- I never could settle on musical tastes so I had this:

- Next to this:

- And this:

- My favorite dolls were:
- I never could settle on the type of boy I liked either. There was this phase:

- This upsettingly Freudian phase (he looks like my dad):

- And because both Blaine and Ducky were kinda lame - actually this is a little upsetting too. It was a high school movie and he looked like a VERY dissolute, but oddly appealing 30-ish:

- The perfect couple was:

- But the most embarrassing thing? I still really like all these things. Well - maybe not Shaun Cassidy - maybe.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants


11 comments:
Sadly, my big thing was Barbie and The Rockers. Those were the days. I actually still have the stage. Awesome!
Nancy McKeon! I wanted to be her, too.
I have a semi-freudian celeb crush that still exists today as well!! You are so not alone there!
LOL! I loved moonlighting! I thought they were the perfect couple too ;) Fabulous list!
Hey, I was just wondering the other day why the "perfect couple" wasn't in reruns yet! And I was very sad when I moved to Canada to discover that tv programming is different and we didn't get the cop show that Nancy McKeon is (was? it's been a few years now) in.
I am pretty sure I had that shaun Cassidy album too...This is a great topic! I am not sure I am ready to bare my soul to the internets like this, although, according to my recent flamer(s), I probably like baring everything to everyone. Hedonistic. Hahahahahahahaha...sorry, this is just cracking me up. Those poor uptight people who cringe at the very mention of (whisper: s-e-x). Geesh. You and Maggie, I thought, had great replies to anonymous. Really makes me want to rant some more about sex and see what happens...
Nancy McKeon we her in Australai too ! and Shaun C - I loved him too - Hardy Boys rocked ... Parker Stevenson.
Moonlighting ... I didn't see as much but I liked it when I did.
Great list
thanks for visiting me -
http://mylittledrummerboys.blogspot.com/
just a thought - you know you can defrost stuff by leaving it in fridge overnight/24hrs.
I sometimes take it after I do dinner the night before. I don't like microwave defrosting either.
oh my God you are a woman after my own heart. I loved Jo (Nancy Mceon) the Osmonds and moonlighting. Simply put, those were just better times. I dowloaded the whole 25th anniversary of Thriller album on to my Ipod yesterday, yeah I am a total dork!
OMG we are twins..
Add to my list: Kristy McNichol, 8 is Enough and Lance at 15.
Glass Houses..LOVED that! Oh and what about The Cars!!
Great post..
OH..yes that got me into Stephen King too..and John Travolta!
Amityville Horror!! Loved that book!
Oh and Mork and Mindy..I had the rainbow suspenders!
I could go on and on and on...
That was a really cool Thursday 13!
If we didn't have a reason before, this is totally why we should be friends: I have never met another living person who had the Donnie and Marie dolls. In fact, most people assume that I'm making them up!
Post a Comment