"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

2.12.2008

Bad Mommy

You know you're in wretched shape when a sick child has more energy than you do. This boy is wearing me out. Apparently pneumonia is the crack cocaine of childhood illness. He's running a fever and coughing his lungs up and has so much junk in his nose that he doesn't even sound like himself....but still wants to play Thomas trains...and watch movies...and play Mario Kart...and have a snack...and do ABC's...and play Spider-Man...and watch Noggin'...and do Valentine's crafts....*THUD* (That's me collapsing in a quivering heap .)

Yeah. Money is the ONLY reason I work. Uh huh. I love this kid to pieces, but he just wears me out. He'd BETTER take a nap this afternoon...or else.

(Or else what? Something ineffectual and whiny and probably involving a bribe is or else what.)


Bad Mommy. Oh well.

9 comments:

Julie said...

Ouch. That is a whole lot of wearing mommy out.

hope things get back to normal really quickly, and your laptop is resuscitatable...

K. said...

Not BAD Mommy. Tired Mommy. I often think that it's too bad a nice shot of whiskey is no longer an option for a sick kid... :P

Anonymous said...

I'm a bad mommy sometimes too!

Julie said...

Hey, stop by...there's something on my blog for you! And did he nap?

Tasina said...

No nap. *She said, with a glazed look of desperation in her manic, twitching eyes.*

Anonymous said...

Jeez, Louise! That's more energy than I have in an entire week when I'm 100% well.

MP said...

I remember being a kid and HATING when I was sick when there was nothing on TV..it was like I was wasting time..and I wasn't allowed to go downstairs and play Barbies cause it was too cold...
I guess his craziness has to be a good sign.

lynda w said...

Did they put him on Albuterol by any chance to help his lungs? That's EXACTLY what my daughter was like when she was younger and had problems with her asthma. I dreaded everytime a cold germ came our way.

lynda w said...

Did they put him on Albuterol by any chance to help his lungs? That's EXACTLY what my daughter was like when she was younger and had problems with her asthma. I dreaded everytime a cold germ came our way.