Guilt. Mom guilt. Nothing worse than feeling guilty about your kids. I thought Noah just had a cold. Turns out the kid has a pretty wicked case of bronchitis and has so much gunk in his right lung that the doctor thinks he's pre-pneumonial. The doctor has given him a somewhat strong antibiotic. I hope it works. But I also hope that it doesn't work so well that his butt explodes. When Noah was 2 or so, he was given some sort of antibiotic that turned his guts to liquid and we had a horror show here. It was so awful for him - really hurt both his tummy and his little behind. Fingers crossed that this does not happen again.
Also, my laptop threw up and died yesterday. I'm heartbroken. I love that old, clunky, gigantic laptop and being able to blog from all over the house. We're going to try re-loading the operating system to see if that will fix whatever killed it. (I suspect a virus - Dylan is forever going to stupid websites like Ebaumsworld and downloading videos and who knows what kind of garbage. Or maybe it's filth and horror porn....I hope not...but he is a 17 year old boy. I don't want to know really.) Now I'm back to the basement dungeon (my room - haha) with my PC. Boo hiss.
Add all of this into the little snowstorm happening outside and it's been kind of a yuck couple of days. But that's my three, right? Things should look up soon I hope!
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
2.11.2008
Steeeeeeriiiikeeeeeee Threeeeeeee - You're OUT!!!
at
1:05 PM
Labels: Just Me Ranting, Kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Aw, man, I hope he feels better (without the exploding butt).
Ugh. No. Fun. My laptop crapped out almost a year ago. I still have it. Can't say goodbye...
Hope Noah is feeling better soon because that sounds crappy, too.
Oh no! That sounds awful. I'm so sorry...I hope he feels better soon. And I'm hoping for warmer weather for us both soon....
My nephew and the daughter of a friend of ours got diagnosed with Pneumonia recently and the parents all thought they just had a cold, so don't feel bad. I sure hope you can fix that laptop...I don't know what I would do without mine!
Just don't make Noah any banana smoothies! Ha!
Don't blame yourself. Everyone kept telling me to go to the doctor last week but I ignored them and was pretty sure it was just viral. I'm on the mend now, but how are you suppose to know these days? If you do go in, they tell you it's a virus. If you don't, that's when it's bacterial. The important thing is that you DID take him in.
I use to work in the medical field and a lot of parents would bring their kids in and leave after being told it was just a virus. They'd be back in less than a week when it turned bacterial. Sometimes you can't predict when the right time to go in is. It probably started out being a cold in the first place.
Hope Noah feels better soon. Poor little guy!
i won't start by mentioning it was 77 degrees here this afternoon...
poor Noah...but Zach went from fine to pneumonia in literally eight hours...in the afternoon he was feeling like he had a cold, by 1 am he was in pain with every breath.
Fingers crossed he doesn't get the butt thing.
I hope things get better for you (and especially Noah) soon!
Post a Comment