"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

2.19.2008

Sad

My husband's paternal grandmother passed away this morning. She was really a neat lady and I liked her a lot. She raised four kids completely on her own back in a time when this just wasn't done. She had a great sense of humor and zest for life. We're all going to miss her.

It's been a bad year for the family. My husband's mother passed away last October. I didn't blog about it then because it was too fresh and painful and personal. It's still just so terribly sad to think about. It's been a rough winter and I can't wait for the spring.

Jeff's mom and grandma loved Noah to absolute pieces. Here a picture of both of them putting love all over him. I'm so sad that he won't remember. My mother-in-law was head over heels in love with Noah. She couldn't get enough of him and was the perfect grandma to him. I consider it our duty to tell him when he's older how much he was adored, celebrated, loved, kissed and hugged by both these sweet ladies.



8 comments:

Julie said...

So sorry, Tasina. If you talk about these wonderful women with Noah, he may develop memories of memories of them. And he might remember something of them...I have a couple memories of family that died when I was very young.

So sorry to hear about your loss. I will be thinking of you.
Julie

Anonymous said...

((hugs)) ((hugs)) ((hugs))
I'm so sorry, Tasina. I agree with Julie to keep their memory alive for Noah, talking about them, sharing pictures and stories, maybe even doing something that you think honors them somehow. Everyone handles grief differently, but I think that would be the avenue I'd find comforting. I'll be thinking of all of you as well. Such a wonderful and sweet picture.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Tasina. Ked and I will be praying for your whole family.

Tasina said...

Thanks gang. It's been a hard day.

lynda w said...

Hugs from here, too. Losing loved ones is so unfair. I have a picture of me sitting on my Grandma's lap when I was just a toddler and it's that picture I think of whenever her name is mentioned. Best wishes to your family!

MP said...

I hate that I understand. Since last February hubby lost his stepdad, Uncle and Grandma..It's TOO much. :-(

Momisodes said...

Oh Tasina, I'm so very sorry to hear. Treasure those photos and memories of them with Noah. Indeed it has been a rough year for you all. I will keep you all in my thoughts.

Author said...

Keep the pics for him to look at. Unfortunantly I don't have any of my oldest & my grandmother -- and it's too late now. I feel for what you guys are going through. Hang in there.