"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

2.23.2008

For Julie

Last Wednesday, Julie over at Causes Rats in Lab Cancer wrote what I thought was a an interesting post about HIV rates in Africa. Lots of readers, including yours truly, left her some thoughtful comments. Except one person who decided to anonymously flame her. What a coward. In any event, the flamer accused Julie of being a hedonist. Julie stated in her Friday post that she was eating pretzels when she read about her apparent hedonist tendencies. (For a bit of perspective - Julie doesn't use plastic bags from the grocery store...she bought bags to take with her...to save turtles...what a selfish hedonist she truly is.)

As it so happens, Noah's daycare did some things in honor of the Presidents' Day holiday (see post below). This morning he pulled this little bit of stunning art work out of his back pack. Apparently, the pretzels are supposed to represent part of Lincoln's humble log cabin beginnings. (Uh....I'll say it again...desperation.)


In any event, the pretzels of course made me think of Julie. After a teeny tiny bit of hard work (because too much would wreck my hedonist ethic - is that an oxymoron?) I have created a badge that I encourage all pretzel lovers, Julie fans, anti-flame warriors, and...well...anyone to steal. Or...just...y'know...take it cuz it feels so good. :)


Unite! They may take our lives...but they'll never take....OUR SALTY SNACKS!!!
(Please imagine Mel Gibson painted blue and screaming this at the assembled troops.)

5 comments:

Momisodes said...

ROFL!!! You crack me up! WOW a the pretzel art....now that's stretching :)

I read the anonymous flame incident on Julie's post...what a JERK! Some people really have no courage to stand behind their own stupid opinions :(

Lotus (Sarcastic Mom) said...

haha, NICE!

Julie said...

I am dying I am laughing so hard. (And man, don't your kid's teachers have the internet? I liked the paper plate Lincoln, but this is some serious desperation here...)

Thank you, this has totally made my day! I think that poor flamer is seriously outgunned this time1

Anonymous said...

Ha! You gave me the much needed giggles.

frog ponds rock... said...

You are truly wonderful....

cheers kim...