"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

2.14.2008

Dieting Schmieting

I was going to do a Valentine post on 13 people I love. But you don't know them...and duh - I love my husband, boys, mom & dad, other family, and all my friends. They know that. Instead my 13 is ways you can present chocolate to me any time of year and I will joyously leap of the dieting wagon.

***P.S. There will be two recipes tomorrow when I have more time...come back for them!***

  1. Cadbury Cream Eggs - those evil jerks at Cadbury make me wait all year for those delicious concoctions.
  2. Tobleron - I discovered this as a young girl at French camp...so good
  3. Dove Dark Chocolate Squares - oh....my.....
  4. Haagen-Dazs Chocolate Chocolate Chip Ice Cream - simply amazing
  5. Fudge - but it has to be *real* fudge...it's all about the texture (RECIPE TOMORROW!)
  6. M&M's - plain - a classic
  7. Hershey's Kisses - another classic
  8. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - I'm not a big peanut butter fan, but this is such a perfect combination
  9. Chocolate Cheesecake - there are no words (RECIPE TOMORROW!)
  10. Swiss....something. I once stayed in a hotel in Boston that was owned and operated by Swiss Air. They left amazing little Swiss chocolates on my pillow each morning.
  11. A grande mocha with a double shot of espresso and extra chocolate! A perfect reason to wake up. My favorite is from a chain called Gloria Jean's.
  12. Lady Godiva - almost anything from them.
  13. Brownies. I'm not picky here. From a box, from scratch, whatever dude. Just do not befoul them with nuts of any kind....WRONG.





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for chocolate! One of the security guards here at work gave out little boxes of chocolates today. He's pretty awesome. Happy Valentine's Day and Happy TT!

K. said...

"Well, I was going to list people I love, but I think I'll do chocolate instead..." LOL. I love it.

I am a complete slut for Cadbury Eggs, and while I share your pain that they are only offered once a year, isn't that, in a way, one of the things that makes them so amazing? I really think I could take them for granted, if given the chance, so it's sort of fun to get to celebrate them every year. :P

Julie said...

I lived just across the border from Belgium. Twenty minutes to a grocery store with a huge selection of the best damn chocolate...The United States is catching up, but really, it's the Dark Ages here compared to Europe with these three things: beer, bread, and chocolate. We are getting there -- we have great microbrews, imported and domestic chocolate that is so good, and Fry's (a grocery chain here) has a great in-store bakery...

We were in France on vacation and we had - every single day - a pain du chocolat...which is puff pastry wrapped around dark chocolate and served still warm and kinda melty. Sorry. Drooled a bit there...bread AND chocolate. When it's right, oh, man is it right...

Julie said...

Damn it...the whole reason (besides reading your blog, of course!) was to mention I have a little Valentine bling to pass along to you!

Julie said...

And you inspired me, so I did my own Thursday thirteen! It's up now! You can check it out when you get your bling!

MP said...

You know I am SO with you on this..except mine are Dark Chocolatae Peanut M&M's...

OK..I went to Switzerland a few years ago.. OMFG..the Hot Chocolate!!!!!

Julie said...

Asking the kids to take three bites before they decide to never eat it again seems reasonable...except Tess once threw up simply because Zach put his fingers up his nose (one in each nostril). I hate cleaning up vomit.

Dreamer said...

mmmmm..........Brownies

k said...

2, 4, 8, 11, 12, 13- i totally agree!!! i miss gloria jeans. they don't have them where i am now.
french camp? fun! i sold toblerone to help pay for a trip to france when i was 15. it made me very popular. :)

Harris Channing said...

Oh yeah, Cadbury Cream eggs and diets...UGHHH!!!!!

~Harris.

Anonymous said...

My fave is Neuhaus chocolates. Probably the best thing I tried in Belgian.

singingfamily said...

ah, a woman after my own heart. Loved the list, off to eat a Cadbury egg........
Kelli

The Gal Herself said...

I so completely agree with you on both #9 (the perfect PMS food) and #13 (no nuts, not now/not ever). Happy TT, and thanks for visiting my list.

Melanie said...

Beautiful!! Great list! Happy Valentine's Day!!

Serina Hope said...

Yummm. I love me some cadbury eggs too.

Anonymous said...

i LOVE cadbury cream eggs. Yum yum yum

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

God bless the Cadbury Cream Egg and all the wonderful souls who invented it.

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

I think I gained 5 lbs just reading this. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Robin said...

I've got a serious chocolate craving now. I may have to break into the chocolate chips...

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. I'm just catching up. Almost wish I'd not read all the yumminess because now I'm craving all things chocolate, and I don't even love it. Unless presented with all those options...