"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

1.13.2008

Weekly Winners 01.13.08

Idea, organization, and all-around coolness the brainchild of Lotus.



As some of you have read, I just got a new digital camera. I'm still playing with it and have not figured out all the settings. One thing that seems to be really hard to do is take a close-up picture of something. (The last picture in this set is kind of blurry for that reason). I guess it will just take more practice.

Noah was walking around with his gloves on his feet. When I asked him why he told me, "I want to be like Curious George." I thought this was pretty clever.




This is my face in one of those things. I look like Mick Jagger with sunglasses on. Oh well. Start me up.



Being an older brother is back-breaking work.



Does any toy for a child need to be able to bend this way???


24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great WW! I love the face in that thing. I used to love playing with that. :)

Sarah said...

The socks on the feet in incredibly clever!! *lol* I never thought of that!

Karen MEG said...

What great shots! And, yah, is that a power ranger doing the 2nd position in ballet? Truly frightening!

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures, Tasina! I love Curious George, too (enough to beg for and get the whole collection for Christmas this year...).

Anonymous said...

Curious George. Smart boy!

tommie said...

The toy with the face is so much fun. I saw some clearanced at Target after Christmas and really debated buying one. Guess I should have gotten it!

Thanks for visiting my winners.

Unknown said...

That first photo is brilliant!

Julie said...

Great photos. The Curious George thing is really funny.

My daughter got a really disturbing knock-off 12" GI Joe -- it had nipples that could put an eye out. It was wedged -- naked except for his army boots and molded on undies -- in the rear window of my car for a while.

Huh. You are being to understand caging my children, right?

Julie said...

beginning, not being...I hate typos.

Lotus (Sarcastic Mom) said...

You're hilarious... and gloves as monkey feet? Genius!

Mackenzies Momma said...

love the gloves as monkey feet i should try that sometime!

Happy Campers said...

The monkey feet is a very "out of the box" type thinking...smart kiddo you got there!

Anonymous said...

Yay for a new camera!

Love the monkey feet - very cute!

Suzanne said...

The older brothers around here concur. :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the gloves on the feet look!

Great photos!

Momisodes said...

ROFL @ curious george feet! So cute :) and you raise a great point in the last ;)
Great shots!

MP said...

moneky feet..LOL

What else are big brothers good for?? Attack!

motherbumper said...

Noah is one smart kid, now that is imagination (and I'm borrowing that idea for dress up time). Fun photos and you are 100% correct, no toy should bend that way - it makes me wince).

Eve said...

Never had a big brother, and neither did my daughter, so I'm learning something here. As for the monkey feet - why didn't I think of that. It's so cute!

Anonymous said...

I love the monkey feet - very cute idea!

frog ponds rock... said...

hehehe looks like you had fun with your new Camera..
cheers Kim

Author said...

Great pics! Loved the feet. The toy was ... disturbing.

I'm catching up for the past week, so pardon the late comments: I thought your shaved legs comment was funny! I loved the sleeping baby pic. I, too, am sucked into LOST (new season starts the 31st!). You mentioned the St. Louis area; when were you there, and where are you now?

Unknown said...

I love those pin things. They feel so cool. The toy is just bizarre! LOL

Robinella said...

Woohoo for new cameras!! Great photos.