Maggie posted a recipe for and picture of Dirty Shrimp in Butter-Beer Sauce. I made this tonight. I'm going to give it 3 1/2 out of 5 stars, only because it was a little too hot for me, WAY too hot for Jeff, and Dylan thought it was perfect (Noah got Spaghetti-O's after I took one bite.) I like spicy hot food, but this was almost too much for me. 1 tsp of cayenne pepper is about 3/4 tsp too much for my wimpy taste buds. I did think the recipe was tasty and I will make it again - I think I will just tone down the heat. Dylan can always add more to his. Thanks for the recipe Maggie. We're making the chicken thing tomorrow. (I'm stalking her....shhhhhh.)
I posted a chicken recipe and promised to put up a picture with Weekly Winners. I didn't forget to do it, I just need more practice with the new camera. I think the flash setting was wrong because the picture looked as if we used some sort of nuclear cooking method. I didn't want to turn anyone off from it. Chernobyl Chicken with Three Mile Island Salad just doesn't seem all that good. But it really was. I swear.
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
1.07.2008
Link to a link
at
6:08 PM
Labels: Just Me Ranting, Recipes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
yeah, see, now you are sorry you didn't FedEx me some of it, because I take kick-ass pictures of food.
(Not really. The last time we tried, it looked like vomit. Really. It was a potato and chicken and bacon soup and it did not photograph well at all.)
Dang my full disclosure policy. Now you will never FedEx me your leftovers.
There is definitely some kick, but like you noted, also room for adjustment. For us it was just about perfect - more than that wouldn't have been so good. Hope the chicken is tasty, too! It's definitely more of a baked not fried kind of thing, but that's excellent for us right now trying to walk away from the Fry Daddy...
I look forward to you getting the hang of the food pictures! You know I love food porn above most anything.
Post a Comment