I guess quite a few people do something called Thursday Thirteen. (Do comments like that just make me scream newbie in an embarrassing way?) Here are thirteen reasons why I'm glad I quit smoking:
1. I have a cold right now and it's barely doing anything to me. I do little tiny coughs and then they go away. This is so unusual for me.
2. Money. Those poisonous little suckers are SPENDY!
3 & 4. Dylan and Noah.
5. Smell - me and my house and my clothes and my kids and my cats and my car don't stink anymore. Well - we don't stink like smoke anyway.
6. Freedom - it's nice to be able to pick up and go without worrying about "Do I have my cigarettes? Does this lighter work? Can I smoke when I get there? How many chances will I get for a smoke break?"
7. Winter - it's freakin' cold in South Dakota....standing outside to smoke is INSANE.
8. Food - tastes WAY better. This will likely not help my diet.
9. Did I mention MONEY??? No more smoker penalty on my health insurance.
10. Singing - I did a whole post about how I can take big deep breaths and sing loud and long. This is not necessarily a benefit to people who have to hear me sing.
11. Stairs. hahahahah. Ok. I can't walk stairs. But that's because I'm CLUMSY, not because my lungs were screaming and I had to stop half-way.
12. Did I mention Dylan and Noah?
13. Nee-ner-nee-ner. No one thought I could actually do it. Here's a great big *********** to those people. I can do ANYTHING!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
1.03.2008
Copycat
at
12:38 PM
Labels: 13, Just Me Ranting, Quit Smoking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
I can realate to cigarettes being expensive and stinky! I also appreciate all the extra time I have to do other things with. I do not miss standing in the cold either! Gratitude is a wonderful thing Tasina! This blog is just what I needed.
Peace,
Diva
Yay to you for the quitting. That is a huge accomplishment!
I finally did that meme with the first letter of my name. Junk and Johnnie Depp figure in quite heavily...and gum.
Yea for you!!!!!!!! I've been there, and it's hard, but it's sooo worth it. (and yes, sometimes we make fun of people who say Humble instead of Umble!)
Diva - I'm glad you liked the post. You're doing so awesome with your quit!
Julie - Juniper might have been cheating. I might have gone with Java.
forgetfulone - I guess I can't tease you about that - I live in Pierre, SD. That's PEER, not PEE-AIRE. Seriously.
So many good reasons to quit. It was 11F yesterday morning and as I was walking to the office I was thrilled that I don't smoke anymore and have to "brave" the cold for a fix.
You are doing fantastic! Way to go, Tasina.
Congrats on quitting smoking!
I am a newbie too with this whole Thursday Thirteen thing. It is fun to see how everyone fits 13 things into a post :)
I have never smoked but congratulations on quitting. The best thing you have ever done.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
I couldn't agree more with your reasons to stay quit.
You can do it and we can all help.
It really does help when you read about other people just like yourself, battling the same demons you're battling. At this point it isn't nicotine you are craving but rather the psychological dependence you had to smoking/cigarettes. It's someone comforting to me to know that this is all in my head - LoL!!!!!
This is one "friend" that has overstayed his/her welcome and i want him/her to leave - get out of my life!
Just stay resolved - you don't "need" that cigarette.
Congratulations on another day - I'm proud of you!!
I haven't quit yet..for good..I only did temp..I miss not being quit..did that make sense..
I think about quitting all day long except when I'm smoking. I will quit this year..for sure..
Hey.
www.beuacoupribbon.com has a juniper ribbon. A Juniper-colored ribbon.
I so spent like ten minutes googling trying to find someone somewhere who called something juniper colored...
Besides...for a fruit I said Juicy. Juicy Fruit gum. A substance that has nothing to do with fruit. And Jumping, by horses, for a professional sport.. And those are not cheating?
I refuse to spend another ten minutes googling to find a fruit that starts with J...
I might have gone with "jousting" for a sport - at least at Renaissance fairs, right?
That's how you spell it! I obviously wrote the comment on my blog before coming here...
I had forgotten about it, but now, I keep trying to think of different J answers. I may have to do this meme again, just to get it out of my head. And so I post every day in 2008...
Now we need to figure out V answers, so we can "help" Veronica out...
Post a Comment