"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

10.21.2007

Got me

Do you see a quit meter off to the side?

4 comments:

Kat said...

You could be anything short of a lawyer or a politician, and I'd still think you're great, so smoker or non-smoker doesn't change my opinion of you in the least. I've struggled myself too much with trying to do the things I should, and not do the things I shouldn't in life, not to understand what it's like to fight for something hard and ultimately not get there, having to pick myself up off the ground and move on. It doesn't mean tomorrow's goals aren't in your grasp, and it doesn't mean you're not loved. You are.

Konstantin said...

Where's the meter? Does that mean what I think it means?!

Anonymous said...

OK, so you got gotten. I don't think it's exactly how a quit is exactly intended to be (but it went that way for me, too), but an oops doesn't need to last any longer than you decide. Come back, put the meter back up, and in the end this little bump will be nothing more. Whatever you do, I do hope you will keep writing.

Anonymous said...

I have been following your posts for quite some time now. I wanted you to know that you are an inspiration to me (and probably others). You have shared the good, bad and ugly of quiting smoking. I have to admit I was a little saddend when you were "got" but by what I have been following, you seem to be a strong and amazing lady. I look forward to reading more of your posts. Dont let one, two or eight "gots" get you down.
Thank you for your honesty and being someone that I can relate to in this adventure.