Wow check out the quit meter. 1200 not smoked, $300 saved. 1200 - that's HORRIBLE. 1200. Bleh. $300? I need some shoes...and a purse...and a coat.
Back from my travels. It was reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hard to not smoke in the car. There's nothing else to do, so I just wanted to smoke smoke smoke. But I didn't - even when my mom lit up. Last night we stayed in a smoking room in a hotel (that's all they had) and boy did it STINK in there. I still like the smell of lit cigarettes, but that months and years of smoke in the carpet/curtains/walls smell is so awful. Yucky.
The trip was good and bad. Nice weather down and back - good. Didn't smoke - good. Got to shop in real stores - good. Ate REAL barbecue - good. Got some nice coffee in a place that didn't also sell anything with the phrase "high octane" - good. Absolutely angelic non-complaining non-crying didn't fuss even once during four long days of being strapped in a car seat beautiful 4-year old boy - PRICELESS.
But it was also very bad. Just sad. Dreadfully sad. I don't want to put up details that are not mine to share, but I saw someone for what is almost 100% certain to be the last time. This person is far too young and good for what he/she is going through.
I saw my husband do and say and handle some things this week that have put me in absolute awe of the man. He is so brave and strong. I sometimes cannot believe how incredibly lucky Dylan and I were to find him and how lucky Noah is to have him too. When you're with someone day after day, doing the same old daily things, having the same old squabbles over mostly small things, it's so easy to forget why you put up with this insane stranger at all. And then you see them act in a way that is so courageous and selfless and HARD that you can't even believe you happened to get this person to notice (let alone MARRY) you. He is simply the best man. If you ever see me even put one little tiny word of complaint about him on here, you clog up my comment thing with links to this post.
It's good to be home. It was mostly a really hard week.
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
10.06.2007
Back by popular demand....or...other
at
8:23 PM
Labels: Just Me Ranting, Quit Smoking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Welcome back, Tasina! Old smoke, ew, but I do understand the new smoke thing being different.
I'm really happy to hear that you feel how you do about your man. Truly, no better feeling than to feel loved by someone you think is just incredible. You brought some tears to my eyes not even knowing the full story but knowing enough to know that you picked a good one, and that's awesome. Welcome back ;)
I'm so glad you're home!!! Welcome home, Tasina!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Glad you're all back safely, and that, even tough your trip wasn't pleasant, at least it confirmed even further that you love and admire you husband. That's a wonderful thing. I can relate so well. Consider the appropriate lecture to be forthcoming if you sink to spousal complaints and criticisms. :-)
Post a Comment