It's been a weird day. I can't seem to relax. This is my fourth attempt at a post. I feel really jittery and kind of nervous almost. I have no idea what this is about. I got a big fat face-full of cigarette smoke this evening. I know I've complained about stale smoke smell, but the fresh ones.....SMELL.....SO.......GOOD. Ugh. I wish I would have kept one of my dirty ashtrays. Then every time I smell a lovely fresh cigarette, I could go stick my nose in the nasty ashtray to remind myself how the cigs REALLY smell. The smell of a dirty ashtray when you run water over it to clean it has to be one of the top 10 grossest smells. Maybe I should get a job washing out ashtrays after the bars close.
What else? Oh I read this story about a 6-year old who tried to drive to a restaurant. I'm still all freaked out about Dylan driving....now I have to worry about Noah. Great.
We're going Halloween costume shopping for Noah this weekend. I really want him to be Batman. His older brother was Batman when he was four. This leads to absolutely no logical reason why Noah should have to do it - I think it's just one of those stupid things that only a Mom thinks is neat. Honestly, I don't even think Noah really knows who Batman is. Halloween is not one of my favorite holidays. I hate the smell of pumpkins, it's just too much candy-temptation, the ringing doorbell all night gets annoying, the make-sure-there's-no-razors-or-poison candy inspection is depressing, and trying to explain to a little kid a) why they can't eat a bucket of candy all at once and b) why all the people they know are giving out candy only for this one random night is just impossible. Bah Humbug. Or Bat Humbug maybe. I guess the only reason for a parent to be involved in this insanity is to get pictures like this that are just too dang cute:
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
10.10.2007
Jitters
at
10:04 PM
Labels: Just Me Ranting, Kids, Photos, Quit Smoking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Aw, too cute!
I do understand about the bad/stale smell of smoke vs. the fresh currently lit smell of smoke. I had some extra moments today myself that weren't the easiest, too, but here we are.
Post a Comment