"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

3.09.2008

Weekly Winners 03.09.08

Idea, organization, and all-around coolness the brainchild of Lotus.



These really look much better if you click for the larger version.

I didn't take a lot of pictures this week with the flu and everything.
Hope you enjoy these!

Paws


I don't know how it's possible to mess up muffins from a box, but somehow I managed it. All of them were totally flat, but this one managed to be further deformed. I should never try to bake.


It's all about the attitude.
We're going to have trouble with this one in a few years.


Jeff turns 40 this year. And look what fun thing came in the mail!!!
I am going to tease him about this from now until approximately the end of time.
I love the AARP!

21 comments:

Julie said...

That is one sad little muffin, Tasina. oof.

Noah has total attitude in that photo...another you are me and I am you and we are all together moment. Tess gives me that attitude regularly.

Anonymous said...

Aw, paws! And love the attitude, too.

Um, the muffin? What did you do? Seriously. While you tease Jeff about AARP, I think I'll tease you about that. Although I admit I cook much better than I bake.

Sorry for the stairs picture over at mine. I didn't think it through. I hope I've not damaged your mentals any further ;)

Anonymous said...

The kid is hilarious. That is some serious 'tude.

Unknown said...

You have a gr8 sense of humor! Gr8 post. Every one of these is funny. *giggling*

Come by my place if you have time (here: Me and M&M) and see my one "picture." Shouldn't take long, but if ya wanna stay, I'll get ya a cup'a joe or someth'n-someth-n. We'll hang out.

*huggies with antibacterial wipies* what. it's cold season ya know.

frog ponds rock... said...

I was going to say something nice ..but ..but..but having just come from julies to here.. chuckie has seriously spooked me out...

is there son of chuckie?

Anonymous said...

It IS about the attitude!! LOVE THAT!

AARP...well, you do get discounts and such... LOL

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

My 50+ husband is in AARP... and spouses are members, too... so I was an AARP member at 32. :)

Gabriel said...

Oh, man, that kid means trouble. :-)

Love the pictures, thanks for dropping by!

Texasholly said...

OMG...that last one is funny. He will never live that one down.

Anonymous said...

Awwww...the paws one is so cute.

Something my mom told me - no matter how bad something you made looks, it's all going to end up looking the same once it hits your stomach. :-D

Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing] said...

I'm so glad to find another non-baker/cooker. My dad just called to tell me about the cooking my mom did for him this morning. My husband wanted to know just why I didn't have an inclining of that talent. I SUCK at cooking.

Great pics!

Amy said...

I love the paws and Mr. Attitude. lol Very cute!

And the muffin.....well.....better luck next time! ;)

Elissa L. said...

i have no idea how you mess up boxed muffins! Wow. And I love the glasses and guitar picture. A kid after my own heart!

Anonymous said...

I'd so tape the AARP thing on the fridge... LOL. Great shots, hon, I love the one of the kid with attitude!

Unknown said...

LOL at the attitude shot and my baby boy Connor loved the paw pic :)

Karen MEG said...

That AARP correspondence is hilarious...but now I feel old.

That muffin looks like it rose a bit more than my banana bread.

Great WW. Hope you're feeling better now.

tommie said...

the guitar slinger is cracking me up!

Eeks, I turn 40 this summer....is this what is in store?

Thanks for visiting my winners.

Cathy said...

I've messed up cake mixes - so I'm totally with you!

Lauren @ mostly i run said...

I love the paws!

And I laugh every time my 34-year-old husband gets an offer to go to a retirement seminar or other senior-citizen service. Apparently, somebody messed up a list!

Momisodes said...

It may look deformed, but it still looks yummy :) Your kid is hilarious! The get-up is just awesome :)

LOL at the AARP!

Woman with a Hatchet said...

No! Don't give up on baking! Just try try again. Sometimes even the ruined stuff will taste nice.

I like the attitude shot. Boys!