Here are 13 actors that are getting on my nerves. I do watch and enjoy some of their movies, but basically I think they've gotten somewhat stale.
- Tom Cruise. Nuttiness aside, the guy is just a one-trick pony. His entire career has been based on playing a variation of the same annoying jerk you went to high school with: fighter pilot jock, bartender jock, lawyer jock, sports agent jock, etc. Toothy weirdo anyway.
- Al Pacino. I wish I could remember where I read this so that I could give proper credit. But basically, the Pacino school of DRAMA is all about screaming parts of your oddly-inflected SENTENCE like a DEranged madman. You don't NEED to know how to act if you can PULL off a lunatic yell from TIME to time. HOO-AH!
- Jack Nicholson. I don't care how many Oscar's the guy has won. He's basically an older, creepier version of Tom Cruise. But instead of being the annoying jerk you went to high school with, he's the scary friend of your dad's that you made sure never to be alone with for any reason. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Freaky.
- Adam Sandler. I'll probably get some hate mail on this one. I just don't think the guy is very funny. I think he's mostly really juvenile and gross.
- Brad Pitt. This one was iffy for me. It depends on the role. That "I'm so beautiful yet such a misunderstood and tortured soul" thing got old REALLY fast. But I do kind of like him in comedies....Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Ocean's 11, etc.
- Richard Gere. I once heard a comedian say that all you have to do to imitate Richard Gere in a dramatic scene is clench your jaw, blink your eyes rapidly, and do a couple of loud, deep breaths. That's basically it.
- Diane Keaton. She plays the same daffy, screechy, flustered poorly-dressed twit in every movie she's in. Have you seen Annie Hall? Great. You've seen every single Diane Keaton performance from now to eternity.
- Woody Allen. I don't care what kind of cinematic genius you might think this guy is. Yuck. He's creepy as all hell and that just ruins it for me. We all know the WRONG turn his personal life took and he keeps casting very young women as his love interest in his movies. Disgusting. Get help. Get on a predator list.
- Sean Penn. He'll always just be Jeff Spiccoli to me.
- Johnny Depp. Oh no. Now the really mean comments. I just don't get it with him. It just seems like he's trying waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too hard to be edgy and different. He's like a grown Emo kid or something.
- Michael Douglas. He's either crazy/nutty/wild guy with a beard and Manson eyes. Or he's the slimy corporate bastard with his hair slicked back.
- Jennifer Aniston. Yeah I feel bad that Angelina stole your dreamy hubby. (But hey...she IS Angelina and you really just didn't stand a chance. Team Jolie all the way!) It doesn't mean you can be anything other than Rachel until the end of time. Sorry.
- Elijah Wood. My husband made me watch all 8700 hours of Lord of the Rings. I hate that hairy-footed little dweeb and wish that Sauron had put that stupid ring...... Sorry, I'll stop.

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants


30 comments:
I'm bad at movies/actors topics, but I've actually heard of all of these, and from what I do know, your assessment sounds pretty right. As long as Johnny Depp keeps those gorgeous eyes, I don't care about the rest. I've never liked Woody Allen. At all.
Hey, I'm with you when it comes to Tom, Woody and Johnny D. But Al, Richard and Jack are my boys! (LOL)
Hehe... dontcha just hate it when their egoes outgrow their abilities? Elijah Wood's eyes bug me...*shiver*
Happy TT!
http://impulsivehearts.wordpress.com/
I disagree with you on a lot of these but I'm soooo with you on Jack Nicholson! Glad to see I'm not the only one who looks at him and see schtick. (Thanks for visiting my TT)
I saw those LOTR films too. Nine hours of my life I'll never get back.
Hilarious stuff! You guys really know how to laugh. And that is the most important thing in the world.
Congratulations.
You think you are gonna piss people off, check out mine. 13 reasons mini vans suck. Okay, it's 13 reasons I don't drive a mini van, but still. Huge potential for people to be offended. We'll see.
Perhaps it is just that I am used to life on the political blogs, where you get slaughtered for your opinions six times before breakfast...
And you are wrong about Johnny.
But oh, i am so sick of Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt -- I mean, Pitt is a good actor, but he is not man perfected. I mean, he actually married Aniston, so you gotta question the man's taste.
Great list!
Ok. Good list. There are people I would add and people I would remove, but I didn't write it and I think you should get a lot of credit(being serious here) for stating your totally incorrect and horribly inaccurate opinion(not being serious here).
1. agree. 2. agree. 3. not so much.
4. agree. 5. not so much. 6. agree.
7. agree. 8. not so much. 9. not at all. 10. not at all. 11. not so much. 12. agree. 13. TOTALLY! Bug eyed weirdo freak boy.
You could have include: Ryan Phillipe, Reese Witherspoon, Eva Mendes, Nick Cage...
That was a fun list - and I definitely see your point. Tom Kruise and Brad Pitt for sure!!
Happy TT and thx for your visit. :)
Hey! Your feedburner count went up again! I mentioned that you had added a couple of readers, and then the count immediately dropped. I was feeling guiltily jinx-y there.
Oh, but now that I have mentioned it, I might jinx it again. Just a risk you are going to have to take, I guess...
And I completely agree with you on Adam Sandler, except that I think you were too mild. He is worthless as entertainment. My neighbor's hemorrhoids have more entertainment value than Adam Sandler.
You cracked me up with Al and Jack.
But Johnny Depp... I've loved him since 21 Jump Street.
Great list
Thank you for visiting my blog! We watch so few movies, that I really can't weigh in. I would rather blog, play video games, read, etc. Happy TT!
Hmmmm, I'm seeing a possible trend with most of the actors/actresses being of the actor gender.
I'm definitely more on the Jennifer Aniston side of the house and less on the wild Angelina.
This post made me laugh - have a great day and thanks for making me smile!
I think there is hope for the world, now that I know I'm not the only one who can't stand Woody Allen. In my personal mental dictionary, his name is the primary definition of the word "icky."
Oh, I love finding people with LOTR hate! Did you see Clerks 2 with the reinactment of the 3 movies?
How did you do that???!!! I agree 100% with all of those. WOW!~
Johnny Depp is kinda hot..but come on dude, see a dentist.
Well said! I especially like the Jack Nicholson comment which is soooo sooo true. Awesome list! Thanks for stopping by. I also like Victor Vito. Happy 13!
Actually, I'm pretty much with you 100%. I haven't seen enough movies of some of them to have an informed opinion, but I agree exactly on the ones I have.
I agree with you on Tom - he's crazy annoying. Your description of Jack made me giggle. I hate Adam Sandler with a passion. I have to agree with you on Brad as well, it really really depends on the role. I do however groove on Johnny Depp & Elijah Wood. :) Thanks for stopping by my TT.
Isn't it great to live in a country where we can express our opinions even when we disagree. I love so many of the actors on your list.
Agree to all but the one...#10. He is a heart throb to me. Oh...I know, I know. You can come out and spit on me now!!! LOL
I like a T13 with some bite. You made some good and humorous points. Although I like Pacino, some of his recent performances have bordered on self-parody. I have to disagree with you on Diane Keaton because she showed she could do drama in movies like "Looking For Mr. Goodbar" and "Mrs. Soffel".
Interesting list! Happy TT!
I like some of these people, so I can't really totally agree, but Tom Cruise can really get on my nerves. So does Woody Allen, who I think got a free pass. I do however love Jack Nicholson and Al Pacino. Happy TT.
I really enjoy Adam, and want to enjoy Johny Depp much more,lol.,.And Jennifer she is, they are my favorites....Please reconsider!
I actually agree with you on most of those! No hate mail here. Adam Sandler gets annoying. So does Tom Cruise. Al Pacino. Most of them!
Ha! Fun list and some very excellent points, too. You're right - I can't quite get behind you with Adam Sandler and Johnny Depp, but I couldn't agree more with a lot of them. And I am so there with you about Jennifer Aniston. It's like I want to feel sorry for her, and then I say - it's Angelina. Of COURSE he left you for her. It isn't even a question.
My own personal list would have Mel Gibson - he and I just can't get the magic back after all that crazy religion stuff followed by the drunken anti-Semitism - and Kevin Costner, who plays himself in every movie I've ever seen. Of course, Nicholas Cage does that, too, but I love him...
The last time I liked Johnny Depp was in 21 Jump Street. It was all downhill after that. His Willy Wonka? Super creepy.
while i love diane keaton and...johnny depp...the rest of your list, tom, jennifer..well, all the rest...i can't stand them!! i thought i was the only one...yay, i'm not!!
I am right there with you on Cruise, Pitt and Nicholson....They're all so overrated.
Post a Comment