I think putting the feedburner stats over to the left was an act of sado-masochism. I am riveted by that little tiny number. From the initial giddiness of 12, to the low of 9, the lofty heights of 17, back down to 10. It's like a microcosm of my self-worth in one tiny little box.
Why? Why do you do this to me? Who are you fickle people?
You came here. You read. You liked. You stayed a while. Then what? What did I do? Did I miss a typo? Did I make a grammatical mistake? Was I too snarky? Not snarky enough? Flippant? Insulting? Smell bad? Did you see "Stripped" at the top and expect something totally different?
Ahhh...the hell with it. I think I'm just going to accept that any number over zero is great. Any number over zero makes me want to stand up like Sally Field and start gushing about how much you like me, you really like me.
But hey, you know what's NOT killing me? Cigarettes. I missed my anniversary again. March 8 was seven months smoke free. Woohoo. *does the rid-myself-of-at-least-one-huge-butt dance of joy*
Anyway, this is kind of a rambling, going nowhere post. (Is that why? Should I be more focused? More pictures? More lists? Help me!!!) I kind of liked the thing Sandy and Lotus did recently. They invited their readers to ask any question of them. So hit me all 1 or 8 or 12 or 3 of you. Ask me any question and you'll get an answer or a plausible and interesting lie.
I think I'm going to get five respones to this. Ha. If I get more than five people asking me questions...ummm...I will...mmmm...I will come up with a mildy naughty limerick involving Prozac, Duran Duran, and pineapple upside down cake.
Wow. I hope no one reads this now.
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
3.10.2008
Killing me softly
at
12:15 AM
Labels: Just Me Ranting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
Hahaha, I can relate. It varies day by day, but it can really make a body wonder, can't it? I like you and your blog just how you are, and I'm thrilled for your 7 months doing that not smoking thing with me (because it helps keep me going), so I'll always be one of those subscribers. Unless you start missing typos. Just kidding.
I can never think of creative questions. How long do I have? The limerick would totally bring me back again!
OK, my non-original questions until or unless I come up with something more interesting:
Top 3 favorite foods?
Top 3 least favorite foods?
Have you traveled outside the US? Where?
Will you please come hang out with me and drink coffee while we rant about random grievances?
HA! No backing out now, Tasina! You'd better start working on that limerick right now, because I'll create alternate identities and show up here with a question from each if I have to!
My (real) question is this: If you could trade places with one person, real or fictional, for one day - a sort of Freaky Friday thing - who would it be and why?
We've all gone through it with the up and down stats, BTW. Your neediness will fade with time, I promise. Wait'll you try out something like Activemeter, where you can track how many people, from where, how they get here and how long they stay... :P
Big Congrats on the quit anniversary!
Congrats on the anniversary! Sorry about everyone in your family being down with the flu. I agree with you -- what good is the flu shot?
Hmmm.... and for a question:
If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
Knowing what you know now about yourself and the college major you selected, would you still select that major? If not, what discipline would you choose and what career would you now have?
On Friday I did the same thing..and said that I won't blog again until I get 10 questions.
So now I may not blog for years..at least I can still comment on everyone elses blogs. Maybe I should have said 5....
OK..this is the question that was asked of me, that I can't wait to dive into:
If you can be face to face with your 15 year old self and give any words of wisdom or advice..what would it be?
ps..LOVE Duran Duran..Pineapple Upside Down Cake..not so much.
Okay, here's magic number six! (I'm sorry, the question is lame, but I just want to see you combine pineapple upside-down cake and Duran Duran. I think if you pull that off, adding in the Prozac will be a piece of that aforementioned cake). If you had to choose to spend two weeks living in the same room and sharing all your everyday activities with someone (and no, you wouldn't have to make out with them or anything) - Jack Nicholson or Woody Allen?
Um, not that I'm stalking, but right now it's 16. Just saying.
Still working on more questions, but I can't seem to shake them out of my brain. Bashing it against the wall is not helping. Nor is that missing hour to my weekend about which I'm feeling very bitter. Thankfully, others are asking the creative kinds I am really more interested in than mine anyway.
Explain the name of your blog...which is, incidentally, in my reader. Seriously!
OOOoo... I definitely need to hear that limerick...three of my favorite things all rounded into one... hhmmm. Question: what is your biggest pet peeve?
R2D2 wants to add you to our blogroll too. =)
I'm way too chicken to put my feedburner counter on my page :( Unless my number goes insanely high, nuh uh....it's staying private. And yes, mine hops all over the place too. Congrats on your anniversary- woohoo!!!! :)
So here you go, hehe. You asked for it!
1) How did you quit cigarettes? Did you use something like the patch, gum, replace it with alcohol ;)
2) If you had to eat the same meal everyday for 30 days, what would it be?
3) If you were an animal, what would you be?
4) Which to you prefer- sweet or salty?
5) Where's the romantic place you've kissed someone?
k, that's all I got for now.
Speaking for myself, I would LOVE to combine pineapple upside-down cake and Duran Duran. No Prozac required. :P
Yes, I was a Durannie. What of it?
I hereby swear that none of the above people are me - except the one that is me - so I'll be expecting that limerick soon, girl!
I am not saying anything. I am already overloaded with jinx guilt.
And disappointed life has been so insane I missed out on the questioning...because if you are me and I am you and we are one cosmic and hot chick, I wanted to know if you knew where I put my mailbox key...
Woah, i'm #13....boo!
Loved the actual limerick in the next post! I think you watched too much Lost, and start giving all these clues about things that don't seem to fit together, but they do! :P
loving the mobius, as usual, stripped or not. :)
Post a Comment