
Influenza B
Why did we get our flu shots?
My boy sick again
Why did we get our flu shots?
My boy sick again
I cannot seem to get my little guy healthy this winter. The whole city is down with this flu. Daycares are closing, people cannot visit the maternity ward at the hospital, the nursing homes are closed to visitors, it's just crazy. I know the flu shots can't protect against all strains, but....well what does it do?? Do I assume we all would have come down with 9 other strains without that shot? I'm starting to think the shot is just a placebo. Every single year that my family gets a flu shot, we still get the flu. Can't they add these other strains into the shot? I know I don't understand how this works, but can it be better explained before they plunge a needle into Noah's arm and make him scream? Grrrr.
I think I'll start a new tag called Grrrr for things like this. Daily Grrrr maybe. Or weekly. Or maybe Random Grrrr.
I think I'll start a new tag called Grrrr for things like this. Daily Grrrr maybe. Or weekly. Or maybe Random Grrrr.


11 comments:
Yah, the whole flu shot thing is ass. I got mine, but so did half the people I know with the "ick." I'm hand sanitizing places I know God did not intend and that the super-er bug will someday have it's way with me against my will, but I just do *not* want the flu, especially when there are no such thing as sick days where I am (meaning all the flu people come breathe on each other - ougtta be a law).
Anyway, hope Noah feels better soon.
My kids got a flu shot, but I'm not sure if I'll give it to them again for the reasons you mentioned! You never know what strain you'll get.
Hope your guy feels better soon.
That really sucks. I have heard that 1 in 10 years the flu shot is not real useful. They guess waaaaay wrong. This is one of those years.
I don't get flu shots because I keep forgetting to ask my gastroentorologist if I can, because of my wonky immune system and getting a medicine that suppresses part of my immune system. Although this winter was the first time since I started the Remicade that I got a cold.
I am leaving now. I go to Italy in 9 days, and I don't want the flu. And your feedburner counter is not even visible to me, so now I feel really jinxy-guilty.
I think I made up that term for my doctor. Or I spelled it so wrong that spelchek is very confused.
This winter has been horrible. Not only for crazy snow, and temps but all the sicknesses. Ack!!!!! Where the hell is spring????
Hope he feels better soon!
Getting the flu shot doesn't keep you from getting the flu but keeps you from dying from it. Seriously, the CDCC has no idea what strains are going to be brought into the country as it depends on who is traveling where and bringing God only knows what back with them.
The best prevention is to steer clear as much as humanly possible from crowds and keep hands away from your face until you wash them.
An ounce of prevention.........
Sorry you and yours are suffering this season.
what i heard, actually, is that "they" guessed wrong on the strain of flu that would hit this year. it's actually a crapshoot. "they" pick a strain that they THINK is going to hit in any given year and vaccinate for that.
uh. oops.
Goodness, I'm sorry to hear. I hope he feels better soon. Sounds like theres an epidemic there!
I don't get the flu shot anymore.
Love the Random Grrrr
got the flu shot for the first time this year, then immediately moved out of the country... sorry to hear your guys so sick
Aw, mannnnn... poor thing. Hopefully, it'll warm up soon and this stupid flu will stop mutating and traveling along its vicious little party route.
I hope he's feeling better soon, love!
Actually, I just heard that they didn't do a very good job of predicting the different strains that the flu shot is suppose to protect against, which has made this year's flu shot only 40% effective. (Normally it's suppose to be over 90%.)
We've been hit here, too. The kids and I have been sick on and off since the beginning of February - it's like we just keep getting bombarded and the damn cough won't go away. The little girl I watch and her parents all have it right now, too.
All 3 of our hospitals in Peoria are turning patients away because they have no available beds. It's really scary.
I've been taking that Emergen C every day since I first got sick and do think that has helped fend off the worst of it.
Mainly, though - if people would just stay the hell home when they're sick and not go to work or school, we'd all be so much better off! (Sorry, I'm a little touchy on that subject.)
Hope your little guy is feeling better soon.
Post a Comment