My quit meter says 4 weeks and 2 days (it'll probably switch to 3 days at 6:30-ish). I actually smoked my very last cigarette at about 6:30 pm on August 7. One calendar month. I can't believe it. I think I've given myself a pretty good birthday present this year (it's tomorrow - in case you were wanting to send me a fabulous gift ;). Now I can focus on lasting through December. That will be when I can drop the smoker fee off my health insurance - just in time for Christmas.
I've been reading Maggie's posts about tapering and finally taking her last dose (link to the side). I find that idea utterly terrifying. I'm looking forward to being off these pills, but I also want to be REALLY sure that I'm officially a non-smoker before I stop. My somewhat loosely formed plan is to do at least one more month of pills. Maybe even two. My doctor approved me for 4 more refills, but I really hope I don't need that many.
I can't remember what I was dreaming before I woke up, but it must have been a doozy. My husband was trying to wake me up this morning and he says that I kept telling him that I was not going to get in the shower until the other guy got out. And the other guy was someone from a TV show - but Jeff can't remember who. How weird. As if my hub really wants me showering with an actor. I barely remember any of this, but I do remember feeling kind of offended. Funny.
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
9.07.2007
One month
at
5:19 PM
Labels: Chantix, Quit Smoking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Congrats, congrats, congrats! One Month! That really is just awesome. You are really doing this.
I do think it's smart to not want to rush into being off Chantix any sooner than you are ready, and I think that's why I haven't been too concerned about it. I feel ready, and I kept in mind that I could go back on if I felt like I needed to. So far, so good.
Nice dream! Gosh, those are gone for me completely now, aren't they? Bummer.
Tasina, congrats on being smoke-free for one month! You go, girl!!!
Tasina, Happy Birthday!!!!! And congratulations and many felicitations on your one-month smoke-free anniversary. YOU ROCK!
About that fabulous birthday gift -- you didn't get it? Augh! I'll never use a discount shipper again! ;)
Seriously -- big congrats on your one-month anniversary. You Are Making It! That's so cool.
Oy, with you you never know what's next on the menu! Having your mobius exposed isn't very helpful at all, I think, at least not on this side of the country.
Congratulations on your month!!!! I am so excited...I remember your posts when you were so worried about stopping smoking when you pretty much weren't smoking anything at all. I was really worried that you were too unsure of your success, but I think you were more scared to make that leap onto the other side.. Am I even close?
And last but surely not the least, happy 24th birthday!
24....I don't even remember what that was like from here.
Post a Comment