I had an awful dream last night. We used to live in a suburb of Minneapolis when I was a little girl. In my dream I was alone in that house with Noah. Jeff, Dylan, my mom, and my dad were out of town and I was staying in that house. No one had lived there since I was little, but for some reason I was there. Anyway, I woke up early in the morning - like 4:00 or so and all the power was out. I looked out the window and could see lightning off in the distance and figured that a storm had gone through. I started groping around the house looking for a flashlight. I had to use the light-up feature of my cell phone to see anything. I wound up calling my mom to ask her where to find a flashlight. She was telling me places to look, but it was so dark that I couldn't really see. At one point she told me to use my lighter. Haha. I had to remind her that I quit smoking and didn't have a lighter. She directed me to go outside and look in this old shed, but all I found in there were metal shelf brackets. Weird. Then I saw a neighbor out walking his dog. I asked the man if the power was out at his house. He said no and gestured back the way he came. I then realized that my house was the only one without power. At that point my mom said she had a call on her other line and she had to take it because it was her mailman from the house they actually live in now. I'm heading back towards the garage to go back inside and she comes back on the line and she screaming. She says that the mailman said that some kind of freaky bad guy was at their real house and figured out that I was at the Minneapolis house all by myself. I panic and start running back in because I had left Noah in there sleeping. As soon as I got into the garage I could hear this crazy laughter. Brrrrr. Then I woke up.
I was so freaked out when I woke up. I started like whopping Jeff on the leg. Poor guy - he was so confused. I made him turn the light on because I wanted to be absolutely sure the lights worked. That's how vivid these dreams are. Even though I knew it was a dream and I knew I was now awake, I just HAD to make sure it was over by having the light on. It was horrible. At some point during the night Noah had climbed in with us. Once Jeff had the light on and I could see Noah I calmed down a bit. I just clung to that little guy after that. It took me a long time to get back to sleep. Most of my Chantix dreams have just been kind of strange, but this one was really scary. And again - so vivid. When I was outside talking to that neighbor I could actually feel wind on me and smell the flowers and trees and stuff. I hope I don't have a really scary one like this again - it's almost enough to make a person start smoking!! ;)
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
9.02.2007
Terrible Dream
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Sheesh, Tasina, that really is creepy just to read about your dream. I can't even imagine being the one dreaming. I do hope that this is the last of that kind and that you'll be back to the completely silly but completely harmless kind of Chantix dreams. Until then, I've actually got the chills. Creepy.
Sorry you had such an awful dream! It was scary just reading about it!!! I too, hope you get back to the funny, frivolous Chantix dreams!
I know - I feel like I should find some old reruns of the Gong Show or something and fall asleep to that....anything to get me in a silly mood before I fall asleep!
Today is my first cigarette free day. I too am taking Chantix. Thank you thank you for your blog. You are making me feel sane. I have 2 teens and reading your blog has helped sooo much. You give me hope.
Kim - You are quite welcome. Best of luck to you today!! All the Chantix bloggers are super friendly - contact any of us if you need some support, shoulder to cry one, someplace to vent, or (like me) throw a tantrum!
Post a Comment