"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

9.13.2007

...

I have gotten about 85% of the way to convincing myself to go get a pack of smokes. I think I need to take my evening Chantix and go to bed. I'm usually pretty convincing AND easily convinced.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yowch, Tasina. Here's me hollerin' to the 15% (did I do good math?) to just keep your butt right on the path. Moments like those do happen. Oh, yes. Been there. I cooked my way through an entire weekend of wanting to smoke pretty badly. And then I didn't. And then it finally passed. Chantix and a little nap or an overnight nap sounds like a great plan ;) Just hang in there.

MsTekLady said...

NO, NO, NO, Tasina, don't do it!!! I hope you took your Chantix and went to bed. Hang in there!!!

Bay in TN said...

Tasina, I totally understand. And if you go ahead and get that pack of cigarettes, and if you smoke one, I'm not going to beat you up. Stuff happens. Cigarettes look luscious sometimes. And sometimes you have to confront the monster in the closet to find out not only doesn't he have teeth, but he tastes like mud and you are not enjoying smoking him.

I would be really interested to hear what you have to say about this particular craving *tomorrow*. You are a rock star. In fact, you are such a rock star, you're practically a rock *goddess*.

Seriously. You can have this craving. You can have a cigarette. But I'm still going to be your #1 fan, because you have made it *this long* WITHOUT smoking. Go, Tasina!!!!!! Go, go, Tasina!!!!!

Konstantin said...

Noooooooooooooooooo, I will honestly cry if you go anywhere past the 85% ever again! If you feel it's coming close to 50%, you have to pull out that little cheat sheet you prepared before with what to do in an emergency like that. Don't ever let it go to 86%, please.

At 2.5 months, it's kind of even hard to remember what it's like to buy cigarettes or smoke them, and the mind is stronger than ever in being able to stay on course and fight off the temptations of addiction.

I hope you get through all these tough moments, because tomorrow you'll be glad you did. Ok, if not tomorrow, then day after tomorrow for sure.

Now I know what Mobius Stripped means. It means it's Stripped of Addiction!

Konstantin said...

Okkkkkkkaaaay! It's awfully quiet on your blog! I wanted my portion of your writing for today, but I guess you're working real hard on those percentages! Woman, come on, please blog!

Bay in TN said...

Tasina, email me if you don't feel like blogging publicly. I totally understand wanting sometimes to hunker down and be private for a few. But I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you, I am not judging you, and I hope you're OK.

It is OK to screw up. Seriously. This isn't a saint-crowning competition.

My email address is bay.loftis@gmail.com -- and while someone asked me if they could interview me, when I emailed 'em back, they didn't even call. In the meantime, my sister's video of a pigeon-chasing water sprinkler has become a viral video and was featured on G4's "Attack of the Show" show tonight. I mean -- I am loser extraordinaire this weekend. You cannot possibly shock me. I had an opossum in my laundry room, OK? Let's talk, shall we?

Seriously!

Kat said...

Seen any mutant deer out of Wisconsin lately?