Here are 13 things I love and hate about South Dakota.
- LOVE. No traffic.

- HATE. The number of Barnes & Noble stores in SD. (#2 is a teeny tiny B. Dalton in a teeny tiny pseudo mall. Does not count.)

- LOVE. Wide open spaces.

- HATE. Drunk drivers. WASHINGTON - The upper Midwest has the worst drunken driving rates in the country, according to a government report that says 15 percent of adult drivers nationally report driving under the influence of alcohol in the previous year. Wisconsin leads the way. The federal government estimates more than a quarter of the state's adult drivers had driven under the influence. Rounding out the worst five are North Dakota, Minnesota, Nebraska and South Dakota.
- LOVE. Low Crime
- HATE. Unbelievably stupid weather. Note the 40 degree change in a few days.

- LOVE. The Black Hills.

- HATE. Low wages.
All Occupations top Wage Estimates Occupation Code Occupation Title Employment (1) Median Hourly Mean Hourly Mean Annual (2) Mean RSE (3) 00-0000 All Occupations 381,230 $11.96 $14.65 $30,460 0.4 % - LOVE. Lots of opportunities.
State unemployment, January 2008 «click column headings to re-sort table» Rank ▲ State Rate 1 SOUTH DAKOTA 2.6 2 WYOMING 2.7 3 IDAHO 2.8 4 NEBRASKA 2.9 5 UTAH 3.0 6 HAWAII 3.1 6 NEW MEXICO 3.1 8 NORTH DAKOTA 3.2 8 MONTANA 3.2 10 VIRGINIA 3.4 - HATE. Pheasants.
- LOVE. Not a lot of people.View population trends...
2007 2000 1990 Population 796,214 754,844 696,004 Source: U.S. Census Bureau, 2007 Population Estimates, Census 2000, 1990 Census - HATE. Not a lot of people.View population trends...
2007 2000 1990 Population 796,214 754,844 696,004 Source: U.S. Census Bureau, 2007 Population Estimates, Census 2000, 1990 Census - LOVE. Most of my family lives here.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


11 comments:
Wow. I see why the crime is so low. We have more people living in our capitol than in your entire state. Sounds like a great place to be so I agree with #11.
It's #77 for me. An homage to Earth Day. Stop by if you get a chance.
great info of South Dakota....
Will you visit mine Thanks
I love those photos. They make the place seem very desirable.
Looks gorgeous! Honestly, I probably have 8 Barnes & Noble stores within a stone's throw, but I still order from Amazon...
Before we decided for sure on moving to Anchorage, we checked to see if they have Barnes and Noble and Starbucks. They do...and we are moving there in June.
Great list!
That was an informative post.
Very good.
Thanks for the TT. SD is somewhere I've never been, although I've always been interested in it.
This is a great list!! I wish I had no traffic :( we're in Chicago... 'nuff said there. I may have to borrow this idea sometime!
I like that 'not a lot of people' - but at first I thought you wrote that you don't like peasants... ha. Here in Florida it's seagulls. I HATE those nasty birds!
The black hills look SO SO SO beautiful!
The wide open spaces...very nice!
Low wages...but is the cost of living low? I would hope so to balance it.. ??
The landscape looks amazing! Sounds like an incredibly peaceful place to live. The low bookstore count and those wages are hard to swallow. Nothing beats having family close by though!
Post a Comment