"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

4.09.2008

Not for the queasy

What's going on my blogger friends? It seems like all of my blog friends have been dealing with really terrible instances of body fluids gone awry. Here is my contribution to the grossness.

I just got done cleaning up Noah. He managed to cover himself in poo. I'm on the phone with my friend Kathleen and I hear from the bathroom: "Mommy, I need you." I go in there and he's got poo all over his hands, poo all over the toilet seat, the rug, the entire back of his butt and legs. And somehow, I can't even BEGIN to imagine how this happened - he's got a marble size piece of poo sitting on his right shoulder. I say to Kathy, "Oh my god he's covered in s&^! I have to go." I can hear her cracking up as I close the phone. I manage to get him undressed (covering ME in poo in the process) and put him in the tub. Dear Jesus God. I'm spraying him off and washing him and oh wow it just stinks so bad. I finally get him cleaned off and out of the tub (of course we're having to avoid the poo-bombed rug during this process).

I finally sat him down and looked at him and said, "Please explain to me what happened."
(What happened to your MANNERS kid???!!!)

This is what I get, "I was just trying to wipe my butt."

LOL LOL LOL

If trying to wipe your butt results in you having a piece of poo sitting on your shoulder....dude....your doin' it wrong.

And the complete icing on the cake is just as I get done with this literal s&^!storm....Jeff walks in the door.

3 comments:

Julie said...

The marble sized poo on his shoulder cracked me up completely.

I cannot imagine the sequence of events that results in your son having poo on his shoulder.

Stuff like this makes me happy my kids are getting older. And that they have learned to wipe their bums properly.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm also trying to figure out how this could possibly get so out of control. Was he trying to wipe with his knee? Stinky times in Tasina-ville. ;)

And I'm glad you are blogging more again.

Julie said...

I'm back. Reading it again and laughing even harder. It's the bit of poo on the shoulder. It just slays me...

Oh, yeah, sorry you had such a yucky time of it, but thank you very much for sharing!