I didn't make it. I had one. I'm going to try to go to bed soon so I don't cheat again.
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
7.30.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hang in there, and don't be too hard on yourself at this stage of the game. Today was my 43rd day smoke-free on Chantix, and it sounds crazy to think it's been that many days, but one day at a time, they start adding up. You can get right back to quitting and just keep plowing forward with this thing.
Since you are this far into the process, I'd keep going, but just so you know, I didn't quit until my 13th day on Chantix. It just took longer for it to really take hold for me, and I'd given myself an extra week on Chantix just in case since a friend (now at 5 months smoke-free thanks to Chantix) had done the same. I allowed until Chantix Day 15 but quit on Day 13, so it was still early ;)
Of course, it was still *hard work* at the beginning, but I've quit cold turkey before and can tell you that for me the Chantix did make it much, much easier. I've had ups and downs for certain, but the overall path has gotten easier so that the rugged moments are fewer and further between and not nearly as tough.
I've been blogging my way through this as well, and it has really helped. Several others are doing the same, and I've got links to their blogs over on mine if you want to take a look. We've all had those first few days and were blogging madly at the time, so you are definitely not alone. I'd love to add your blog to the list, too, if you'd like.
Hang in there. It really does get better (then a little bumpy, then better, then bumpy, then the best yet, then better, then even better than the previous best... you get the idea). You can absolutely do this if you want to just enough to be willing to stick with it and cooperate with the Chantix, which should hopefully be having a stronger effect for you soon.
The very best of luck to you!
Wow, Maggie had some encouraging things to say, huh? I'm sorry you are finding this so hard, but really impressed that you did so well your first day. I'm sure you feel you "failed," but look how many times you didn't fail, all day long, and saying no to anything is always the hardest when you first start to resist it. (Experience speaking here--just not with cigarettes.) Give yourself some credit for that. You deserve it.
I can't thank you both enough for the kind comments. It's nice to have support. Maggie I will be sure to check your site out.
So true, Kat, that it is hardest at first.
Tasina, I'll add a link to your blog on mine, and I'll keep reading along and cheering you on!
Post a Comment