"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

7.28.2007

Chantix - Day 6

My throat hurts. I don't know if it's from my last-weekend-smoking-palooza or if I'm getting sick or if it's from the medicine. I don't feel otherwise sick. Kind of tired, but not sick. I'm dreading Monday like you wouldn't believe. Wouldn't it be easier to just be in a medically induced coma for a week or so? Just until the cravings are gone? *sigh* I wish they had something like Anabuse for smokers. Take one drag and just get sicker than a dog. One of the ladies I work with (the unicorn lady) lives really close to me and we're going to start walking in the evenings next week. I'm trying to remember why I thought this would be a good idea. Since non-smokers have forced all of the puffers outside, being outside makes me think of smoking. But maybe I won't think about cigarettes when I'm sweating like a pig, gasping for breath, and trying to make my legs stop trembling. Maybe I should try to quit chewing my nails next week too - just get rid of all the bad habits in one fell swoop. If my week is going to be hell anyway, might as well make it really HELL. Bleh. I've got to get my attitude right. This drug came with a little card with a website and support line. Tomorrow I'll look into that and try to get my head in a better place.

No comments: