Another relatively boring post. Took 2 white pills today and no noticeable effects. I also skipped my afternoon cigarette break again. Despite that, I'm starting to feel very negative about this whole process. I don't think I'm going to be able to do it. I know that such an attitude is bad, but that's how I feel. Also, I think it's going to be horrible. I think I'm going to crave them like crazy and then feel horribly guilty and like a failure if I cheat. I guess it's a good thing I never got hooked on drugs or alcohol. I can't imagine how people quit that kind of thing. I've never even been able to quit chewing my nails. Ugh. This is just depressing me. Maybe I'll be in a better mood tomorrow.
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
7.27.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I can understand why it would seem to you that the Chantix update posts must be boring to the rest of the world (I usually assume that most of my life's details would bore the heck out of any but the most devoted and easily entertained of friends), but I for one find the process interesting, and have been checking in daily to hear the latest. I'm sorry you're frustrated, but don't beat yourself up too much, especially in advance. Even if you do end up cheating, it doesn't make you a failure. Any ground gained is a plus, don't you think, in terms of all the reasons you have for quitting? Even if all you do is reduce the amount you smoke, it's a net gain for all of you, even though more (in this case more being less) is better. Chin up. :-)
Kat - thanks for the encouraging words. I guess I was just a little disappointed to not be experiencing some big huge fast change.
Maybe I could apply tree people logic to this, huh? Reduce my nicotine/tar "footprint". So for every cigarette I smoke....what? Get an oxygen tank and take a bunch of big whiffs? Or maybe run out side and just inhale? ;)
Heh, or maybe you could purchase nicotine patches and dispense them at the supermarket, or possibly work. According to tree people logic, it doesn't really have to be your footprint you're reducing in order to get the "reduced footprint" credit. You would be potentially lowering the overall amount of smoking in the world, clearly earning you a great many footprint indulgences.
Aren't tree people silly?
That's so funny. I have this picture of me ringing a bell in front of the grocery store. But instead of soliciting for the Salvation Army, I'll hand out nicotine gum.
Post a Comment