"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

12.14.2006

A Buncha Links

Some interesting and funny things swirling on the net today.

Don't Do This!!! ... or you'll just have to un-melt them all to pay the fine.

What's in the water in Wisconsin? Yucky!!

One of the sillier things I've ever read.

This had me giggling. But it's also sadly, sadly true how many people try to be victims.

Finally, Senator Johnson (D-SD) seems to be in bad shape. While I'm not a Democrat, I do hope he's ok. I'd love to see the Republicans take back the Senate, but certainly not at the cost of someone's health. And OF COURSE the idiots on the left have already started with their nutty theories. I've never watched "The View" and if this clip is any indication, I haven't missed a damned thing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been victimized by Dr. Sanity and the commenters in that the First Victims - American Indians - were not even mentioned. I'm going to check my husband's penny collection for pre-1982's!!!!!!!! If I'm caught melting them down, I'll plead American Indianess.

Tasina said...

the post said "DON'T do this!!" now i'm an accessory before the fact....i'm a victim of YOU!

Anonymous said...

He ate it!?!?

Not only is there something in the water that deforms the animals, apparently it affects the human brain too! I'm blocking all mental images of what might grow where on the idiot that consumes such an animal. Maybe they'll find him grazing near the water's edge next month!

Tasina said...

Lynn,

I know!! EWWWW.

Kat said...

Tasina, you always find the most interesting articles. I had to link to the one about the 7-legged deer. I wonder if that buck(ette) was too young to have procreated, or whether there are little mutated descendants running around Wisconsin? A whole herd of mutant deer could be fun.

Tasina said...

Kat, You may have a more warped sense of humor than I do. A whole herd of mutated deer??? Wow. I'm really glad I decided against putting up the link about the sprinter from India who failed a gender test and had to give up his/her medal. I'm a little scared to think what you would have commented about that!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

About your "sillier" link...I am a little worried. My husband is a LEO, my 14 year old is a Gemini, while I am left to ponder what the coming years will mean for me considering I am a LIBRA. Does this mean that I will begin to rack up tickets and accidents while my family does not? Should I be worried or should I simply write this article off as crap and never look back. My choice: CRAP