There are lots and lots of good reasons to try to make a marriage work. There are also many understandable reasons to leave a marriage. People have their own reasons for doing whatever they do. But I honestly cannot imagine a scenario that would go something like this:
"Honey, I'm leaving you - it's over."
"You can't leave me."
"Why not?"
"Because it's bad for the planet."
Give me a break. This makes me want to burn tires again.
Also - I saw that tortoise and hare Chantix commercial tonight. I know it's not the same guy, but the narrator sounds just like the guy from those old 7Up commercials. I kept expecting to hear, "Nevah had it, nevah will."
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
12.03.2007
Quite Possibly the Dumbest Thing I've Ever Read
at
9:30 PM
Labels: Chantix, Just Me Ranting, News
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
So that's why Al and Tipper have stayed married all these years. If they got a divorce they would need two 26,000 sf houses, and that would be bad for the planet. Makes perfect sense to me.
hahahaha!!!!
Post a Comment